new tires rubbing...now what?

i was told my comanche had a 3" lift when i bought it. I doubeted that it was 3" but does look taller than a non lifted one. I put some stock 06 rubicon wheels and tires 245/75/16 mtr on and had no problem. i just put some 265/75/16 bfg km2 on those same wheels and i rub the front fender on the side by the door when i turn. The lift is all springs, no blocks, spacer, etc...do i add and inch or so more lift or cut the stock flares off at the bottom? i don't want to trim any metal off of this truck. any ideas? thanks

Just had worn out mtr's. I wanted km2's and after reading on here...I thought 265/75/16 would fit with my so called 3" lift. It will hardly ever see off road, just snow occasionally. I need to trim or do something just to street drive but would also like to have enough room so I don't have to worry about rubbing at full flex.

I can try to get some pics, but that is what I am saying. I don't think it is a 3" lift. They are aftermarket front springs and there are no blocks or shackles in the rear...the truck sits level so I can only assume it is an aftermarket rear spring setup. So, should I add a front sPacer and a rear shackle? Trim flares? Just buy a 3" lift?

My guess would be that the rear is stock and the front is 2" coil springs. My truck sits level with a true 2" spacer in the front. I had to trim a little of the fender flare on the inside of wheel well to clear my 31s. No metal just a 1/2" of plastic flare on the INSIDE you can't even tell by looking at it.

What y'all are forgetting is that lift provides VERTICAL clearance. unless you have a LOT of lift, you still have to consider exactly what's happening here -- the shoulder of the tire hitting the corners of the flares when turning. And, of course, lift doesn't help at all with regard to rubbing on the lower control arms. A 265/75-16 is the equivalent of a 32" tire. That's fairly large for daily driver duty. Personally, I'd sell them and go back to 245s.

What y'all are forgetting is that lift provides VERTICAL clearance. unless you have a LOT of lift, you still have to consider exactly what's happening here -- the shoulder of the tire hitting the corners of the flares when turning. And, of course, lift doesn't help at all with regard to rubbing on the lower control arms. A 265/75-16 is the equivalent of a 32" tire. That's fairly large for daily driver duty. Personally, I'd sell them and go back to 245s.

245s are a 30.5" tire

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_li ... Tires.html

265s are a 31.6"

Not to quote, just general info the thread :thumbsup:

Well, I trimmed the inside part of the fender flare at the bottom and now get no rubbing. This is just a temp fix to drive on the street. I assume it will still rub when I get it out on some trails. Thinking of doing a 1.5" spacer up front and an aftermarket shackle in the rear. Will this give me a little more clearance without causing issues? Is there certain brand I should use or stay away from? Does anyone know what the ride height is of a 4x4 manche on 265/75/16? That would help me know what I have. Thanks

245s are a 30.5" tire

265s are a 31.6"

Not to quote, just general info the thread :thumbsup:

Yes, and if you look at actual tire dimensions, most 30" tires are really 29.5" most 31" tires are really around 30.5, and most 32" tires are really around 31.5".