Rear axle vent ideas

I'm pretty sure there is a rubber hose that connects to the plastic fitting on the axle and runs somewhere under the truck but i'm unsure where it's supposed to go. I currently have a small breather filter on my axle vent but it looks rather gaudy and i want to run rubber hose to it again. Anyone got pics of how its routed and where it goes??

I can't give you any pictures but I ran my rear vent up though the bed and next to my tool box. I also put a check valve in it. I would get you some pics but I still don't have my truck.

But I go though alot of water/mud so you might not need it that high.

Brandon

The stock hose on my 88 ran from the axle to a push in piece in the X member above the axle on the front drivers side. You can probably find the same little push in piece from a rear xj axle vent on the inside of the drivers rail above the axle. They both vented the same way with the same kind of push in plastic piece.

I can't give you any pictures but I ran my rear vent up though the bed and next to my tool box. I also put a check valve in it. I would get you some pics but I still don't have my truck.

But I go though alot of water/mud so you might not need it that high.

Brandon

Won't the check valve prevent air from being able to travel back in to the axle?