Carpet ideas

After reading the other thread on carpet I'm now remembering that I need some type of carpet. I don't think that new or used stock carpet will suit my needs because I'm sure that I'll have water in the cab more then once within the next year. So I'm looking for ideas for good looking maybe indoor outdoor carpet. I also need some type of water proof insulation. So any thoughts on what I should do would be helpfull. Thank you

Brandon

Dunno if they sell it at Lowe's and Home Depot, but HVAC installers insulate sheet metal ducts with a somewhat thin, foil-faced fiberglass insulation. There are two thicknesses, representing two levels of insulation value. Maybe the thinner stuff laid on the floor and then covered with indoor.outdoor carpet would do the job for you.

Yeah, here ya go: http://www.lowes.com/pd_179375-1410-SP5 ... facetInfo=

Dunno if they sell it at Lowe's and Home Depot, but HVAC installers insulate sheet metal ducts with a somewhat thin, foil-faced fiberglass insulation. There are two thicknesses, representing two levels of insulation value. Maybe the thinner stuff laid on the floor and then covered with indoor.outdoor carpet would do the job for you.

Yeah, here ya go: http://www.lowes.com/pd_179375-1410-SP5 ... facetInfo=

Thank you that looks good for insolation just need somthing for carpet now. :wrench:

ACC also makes a MJ specific Vinyl floor...

Yeah but won't that be just as hot as no carpet?

pretty sure indoor/outdoor carpet won't have the insulating properties you're looking for.

Why not?

Brandon

'herculine the floorboards'

not so bad mine's lineX yes loud, yes hot, but not as bad as nothing

at all, and yes easy to clean, just remember to leave a drain port/hole

something to allow water to get out INPORTANT...

had to drill mine out afterwards NOT fun… B...

pretty sure indoor/outdoor carpet won't have the insulating properties you're looking for.

Why not?

Brandon

because it has no insulation in it. it'll be fuzzy on your feet, but there's nothing in it to keep heat at bay. the insulating padding under the stock Jeep carpet is the key. the thick rubber backing on the stock carpet also helps.

your cheapest route might be to get a carpet from a junkyard MJ and power wash it at the carwash. then add in aftermarket insulation.

Why not?

Brandon

Because it has no insulation in it. it'll be fuzzy on your feet, but there's nothing in it to keep heat at bay. the insulating padding under the stock Jeep carpet is the key. the thick rubber backing on the stock carpet also helps.

your cheapest route might be to get a carpet from a junkyard MJ and power wash it at the carwash. then add in aftermarket insulation.

Ok sure, but won't the carpet get moldy/ruined after a few trips though mud? Thats the only reason I didnt want to do this because i thought it would be a soapbox.gif to clean. What do you think?

Brandon

Brandon

um, ever hear of a floor mat? lol. I'm been in lots of mud. carpet is still as it was when I bought the truck (oily, stained and disgusting, but not muddy :D ) I haven't had mud flow into the truck though as some have.

I have floor mats

39875382066_medium.jpg

:D

And for me "mud" is mucky water and that is supper hard to clean out of the carpet. I think I'll take your advise and go get some JY gray carpet, cut out it's insulation out and put in some of that insulation eagle told me about. Thanks again y'all :cheers:

Brandon

ACC also makes a MJ specific Vinyl floor...

Quick Question. Does the vinyl floor have the padded backing on it like the factory ones did, or is it just vinyl? Sorry :hijack:

ACC does come with the padding, It does keep the heat out pritty well, but the fit of the mat is terrible. If I could do it over again I would not have waisted my money.