East Coast Quake

drcomanche

I'm about 30 miles from the epicenter, we had a small shake followed by a much larger one that lasted for about 10-15 seconds. Cell phone networks are fubared around here now, some minor building damages but otherwise all is ok...

Jeff

I felt it in manhattan. It wasn't bad at all.... I was welding a stair and it felt like someone was shaking up and down on the landing. I looked up and no one was there. Weird.

Some buildings were evacuated here. Nothing wild. Apparently the piano was shaking at my house.

I hope everyone is ok near the epicenter.

I literally accepted a job offer in Maryland and was signing some paperwork and then the whole building shook. I promised my future employer that it had nothing to do with me.

Lasted about 20 seconds and on my way back home to my GFs place, everyone was out of their house in the neighborhood trying to figure out what the heck was going on.

I had to laugh though...I'm sure the people on the West coast are shaking their heads at our puny quake. But it's kind of like when some of the southeastern states get a substantial amount of snow - no one knows what to do and the area basically shuts down.

I was at work in Coatesville,Pa. Felt a weird vibration in the locomotive( we were standing still at the time). I thought WTF is wrong with this POS now :???: , then it went away. A few hours later someone said " Did you feel the earthquake?" I said " Is that what that was, I just thought the loco was self destructing". :wrench: