taking the air box out question.

I want to go to a cone filter and on the front of the air box is a flapper, or what is left of a flapper. and a hose that runs up under the intake. I know this is for cold starts. but if I rip it all out do I have to do something to where that hose hooks up at the manifold or can i just block it somehow.

Depending on where you reside, you may want to check with an emissions shop. In CA, we have to leave it operable in order to pass emissions inspection.

depends on your county in Ca --- mendicino county requires smog at first registration and then not again until you sell it.

"high idle temp switch"? :dunno: is that an HO thing?

I think he means the IAT (Intake Air Temperpature) sensor. The stock location for this is on the intake manifold, not the airbox, although it is a popular performance mod.

There is no need to block the opening no exaust gases come out of there just warm air basicly where it attaches is a heat shealed doubled to help heat the air charge to get a smother idle in cold weather. I had mine takin off on my mj my dakota and my xj just to name a few no ill effects.

IAT thanks don... B...

I think he means the IAT (Intake Air Temperpature) sensor. The stock location for this is on the intake manifold, not the airbox, although it is a popular performance mod.

Thanks Guys. I am in Alberta, Canada so no requirements for this age of truck.

I am thinking I am going to get the adapter form rusty's off road. way cheaper than the other kits.

What's this mod with the air intake sensor and what does it do?