Wasted day...

dasbulliwagen

I am in Charlotte, NC today and Friday for a Chrysler training class, and guess what I had to work on in class all day today? I learned how to rebuild a Dana 35.... WHAT A WASTE OF TIME! :fs1: The other part of my class had the pleasure of rebuilding an aluminum Dana 44! More wasted time. :nuts: Tommorow we will get into the corporate axles, and the IRS rear ends in the LX cars, and diagnose a problem with a JK Rubi locker. Tommorow might not be a waste as much as today was. At least I had the pleasure of having lunch at FIVE GUYS!!! :banana:

Aluminum D44's are certainly not a waste of time. Sure, it might not be the most off-road friendly rear axle out there, but trucks, on occasion, will do some other things besides go off-roading. That seems to be one of the things a lot of members often forget on this forum. Anyway - the D44A is found in so many different applications, it's definitely a good axle to know your way around (even the D35 for that matter). Heck, the D44A is even found in the Dodge Viper :brows:

Aluminum D44's are certainly not a waste of time. Sure, it might not be the most off-road friendly rear axle out there, but trucks, on occasion, will do some other things besides go off-roading. That seems to be one of the things a lot of members often forget on this forum. Anyway - the D44A is found in so many different applications, it's definitely a good axle to know your way around (even the D35 for that matter). Heck, the D44A is even found in the Dodge Viper :brows:

I know they are, I'm just making light of the reputation these axles have on Jeep forums like ours. Its crazy to imagine just how many millions of vehicles these axles have been put under over the years. I know with the 35 it was at least still in use through 2006 on the TJ. I'm not sure if they were still used after that in the KJ's or not, pretty sure a bunch of them got the 8 1/4's. Anyways, my Comanche with all of its 348,000 miles did it all with a 35 underneath of it. can't be all bad, but then again we all know they arent all good either.

Normal non wheeling folks bring their Jeeps in to have their Dana 35s rebuilt all the time. My sister actually brought her 94 ZJ in for a rebuild and the shop told her it was a very common thing they do with Jeeps. 500 bucks later :doh:

I know they are, I'm just making light of the reputation these axles have on Jeep forums like ours. Its crazy to imagine just how many millions of vehicles these axles have been put under over the years. I know with the 35 it was at least still in use through 2006 on the TJ. I'm not sure if they were still used after that in the KJ's or not, pretty sure a bunch of them got the 8 1/4's. Anyways, my Comanche with all of its 348,000 miles did it all with a 35 underneath of it. can't be all bad, but then again we all know they arent all good either.

4wd 4cyl KJ's got the D35 until '03 or so, but 99% of them have a 29-spline 8.25. The '08- newer KK Liberties use an AAM axle, IIRC.