30's, how much fender trim to fit?

88 MJ. 2wd. No lift, I got 30's that *might* fit with no trimming, but I suspect I will have to trim 1-2" of fender. Any one know the exact measurement of metal i have to remove? I would like to cut once, if possible. ANNNND When all is said and done, how do I measure for new flares? comanche.gif

Shouldnt need any trimming

I had 30x9.50-15s on 3.75" BS wheels on my XJ with no trimming,they would have fit even better on OEM wheels.

If it does rub just put a 1- 1.75 coil spacer in to level the truck out

Shouldnt need any trimming

I had 30x9.50-15s on 3.75" BS wheels on my XJ with no trimming,they would have fit even better on OEM wheels.

If it does rub just put a 1- 1.75 coil spacer in to level the truck out

Same, I just mounted 30x9.50sx15 on stock jeep wheels with no trimming required on my MJ.

OK. I set them up next to the old wheels, they look like they hit the fender, but I understand that they will pick up the axle itself a little bit. Just trying to get my ducks in a row. :wrench:

I have a '86 Long box, 4WD with 31:10.50, no lift and they don't rub on anything. I don't trail it, just normal road driving. Don't know if the rims are stock or after market. If I think about it, I'll check tomorrow.

Correction; Checked. It has 2" hangers in the rear and 1 1/2 inch spacers on the front coils. Just got to dern many. Can't keep 'em all straight. :thwak: