Chrome trim & bumpers ?

:wall: I can find MJ chrome front bumper's, But i can't find diddly for rear bumpers in chrome :fs1: and what about the door window trim ? My one door the black coating peeled off and its shiny chrome under it can that be safely removed :huh???:

comanche.gif

Mike

Are you looking for an OEM chrome rear step bumper or aftermarket like the Fey? NOS MJ chrome rear bumpers are just about unobtainium now. I'd like to find one myself. The window trim is actually polished stainless under the black paint. The paint can be removed by cautious use of a mild paint remover, just tape it off first.

:bowdown: Just nice looking basic bumpers, lil'flat spot ball hitch type rear jamminz.gif

Ok window trim, So the black paint/coating can be removed with out damaging the stainless or doors ? ? ?

Chrome grill mine got broke and was replaced with a black one :wall: Need a another chrome grill to match head light trim ;)

Mike

It ain't gotta be OEM they could be off a toyota for all I care, I just don't want some D-looped winch bumper looking creature . . . I got a shortbed 2wd so I want "pretty" NOT "beastly" ;)

Now is it just the Rear bumper that's a PITA to get or front too ? ! ? ! ? As I need a pair of them ;)

Mike

So whats with the chrome bumpers? Just walked thru the yard. 15 MJ'S, Two, count 'em, two chrome bumpers. Both bent, but not bad, repairable. Plus the one I was just looking at in town. Also bent but just slightly. Do chrome bumpers bend easier than painted? Or is it just more noticeable? Just wondering.

Do chrome bumpers bend easier than painted? Or is it just more noticeable? Just wondering.

The paint makes no difference on the impact survivability of the bumper; it is for cosmetic purposes only.

On a side note, both of the chrome rear bumpers I have are bent/damaged to some extent.

So whats with the chrome bumpers? Just walked thru the yard. 15 MJ'S, Two, count 'em, two chrome bumpers. Both bent, but not bad, repairable. Plus the one I was just looking at in town. Also bent but just slightly. Do chrome bumpers bend easier than painted? Or is it just more noticeable? Just wondering.

Naw, it was the same bumper steel faceplate. One goes to the chrome shop, the other to the paint shop.

I backed into a post last week. The post was only three feet tall and I didn't see it. :fs1: Put a nice little crease in mine. Was not happy about it. So I'm looking hard for one too, and may just have mine repaired and rechromed.

There are plenty of NOS chrome front bumpers around, it's the OEM rear step chrome bumper that's gone now. There's got to be one somewhere............

I wanted a nice clean look too, but don't like the step bumpers. I custom made brachets for the rear to mount chrome cherokee rear bumper. It fit nicely with a little trimming of the plastic end caps to match the contour of the rear lower bed corners. You can see pics of the build in my build thread "Comanche Limited". Sorry, I'm not sure how to link to my own thread yet. For a trailer hitch I'm building a hidden hitch for the bumper, and I still need a front bumper plate mount to mount my rear plate better.

Ah ok so chrome fronts no bigie, Chrome rear's well those are the challenge ;)

Seems to be the theme with everything I do these days . . . I may to check into your XJ to MJ rear bumper conversion :wrench:

Mike

Really weird. I was flat on my back on Don's driveway about a week ago. Was sound asleep having a erotic dream when something bumped me, waking me up. Looked around and all I saw was a nice looking grey MJ driving away, with a bent bumper. :rotf:

I know of one, but I just sold it. Sorry. Good luck finding another.

I know. :(

Really weird. I was flat on my back on Don's driveway about a week ago. Was sound asleep having a erotic dream when something bumped me, waking me up. Looked around and all I saw was a nice looking grey MJ driving away, with a bent bumper. :rotf:

Dayem Jim, if I knew that were you I would have kept backing up. :rotfl2:

Dayem Jim, if I knew that were you I would have kept backing up. :rotfl2:

snapped like a carrot...ouch! :eek:

I'm lucky enough to have a (?) stock step bumper, chrome, just like I want. I have seen alot of black rears at the yard. Don't know if they're after market...the black ones all look the same, mine, not so much...but it does look stock.

I didn't have alot of confidence putting a ball on the bumper and towing anything much. I did score a MJ "fitting" hitch that ties into the bumper AND mounts...nothing looks worse than a sagged out, bent step bumper.