wont start... got guestions..

i think it could be a relay theres 3 blue ones on the passenger side...

or could it be the ecu?? it may have gotten wet..

or distributor.....

right now it turns over.. but won't start........so iam thinkin its not getting spark..

would a cherokee ecu work in mine??? as long as its 4.0 5spd

u can test that without pulling it out

use a ohm meter if it gives u resistance it is bad it should show as an open curcet (i can't speel lol)

Not for a Renix. You've been reading Haybes again ... shame on you. It should give a resistance -- 125 to 275 ohms, on a hot engine. Which has to be one of the most idiotic specs I've ever seen, because how do you warm up an engine that won't run?

theres this little wite think on the drivers side near the wair boy, has two wires going into it

i was told one that my truck will not start one day, and wh en it happens to cut those wires and everything would be normal again

NO IDEA IF IT WORKS

but a suggestion none the less

theres this little wite think on the drivers side near the wair boy, has two wires going into it

i was told one that my truck will not start one day, and wh en it happens to cut those wires and everything would be normal again

NO IDEA IF IT WORKS

but a suggestion none the less

you mean near the air box? little peice of ceramic about 2" long with a wire at each end? its a resistor for the fuel pump IIRC, and i HAVE heard about it somewhere before that you could tap those two wires together and see if it works. don't TRY THIS AT HOME... at least til someone else can verify this with some certainty.