Time to Rant

Rymanrph

The '88 really tested and pretty much broke my patience today. I removed the trans and transfer case this past weekend to put in a new slave cylinder. I wanted to get as much of it back together today since tomorrow will be over 100° here. I made some pretty good progress and got the transmission back on and all the bolts back on except for the starter. I went to connect the CPS and couldn't find it. I couldn't find it anywhere. Since I really haven't even driven this truck, I was starting to wonder if there ever was one. I looked for a solid half hour. Come to find out that when I was wrestling the transmission back on from below, the CPS drooped down from where it was tucked out of the way and I bolted it in the bell housing. I had the take the transmission back out again just to pull the CPS out. And if that wasn't enough, in between unbolting it and bolting it back, the transmission fell off of the trans jack (no harm no foul, but still). I make a point not to swear, but I'm sure my neighbors could hear some loud words coming from my garage.

I'm really starting to despise working on my vehicles by myself. I couldn't really use another set of eyes and another set of hands.

I tend to put sailors to shame when I work in the garage, I'm pretty sure if anyone walks by the house when I am working it sounds like a constant stream of swearing.

I'm pretty sure I have invented some new words that shouldn't be said in polite company too.

To help remind myself to not curse , I use a Bad Words Jar. Each cuss word cost a quarter and if enough money builds up over time, the contents must be used to take the family out for a meal or movie.

I'm usually pretty good about controlling my language but now when I am ready to begin work on the truck, I throw a $20 bill in the Jar to cover me for the next couple of hours.

:mad: :cheers:

.... Come to find out that when I was wrestling the transmission back on from below, the CPS drooped down from where it was tucked out of the way and I bolted it in the bell housing. I had the take the transmission back out again just to pull the CPS out. And if that wasn't enough, in between unbolting it and bolting it back, the transmission fell off of the trans jack (no harm no foul, but still). I make a point not to swear, but I'm sure my neighbors could hear some loud words coming from my garage.

I'm really starting to despise working on my vehicles by myself. I couldn't really use another set of eyes and another set of hands.

:hmm: you may be in need of a new cps in the near future :dunno: should the wires got really crushed between the tranny and the engine block good thing you won't have to take the tranny out again :yes:

I usually swear like a sailor when working on GM products. Usually swearing them off for life, and that I will never work on their junk again. Some of the crap they do is ridiculous. Just today I had to do some A/C work on an '09 Impala, and they put the service ports in stupid areas. One was under the airbox, the other was on the backside of the line, against the firewall, under the fuel lines.

Of course, everything was smoking hot with the cop driving around in the blazing sun, and then takes it straight over when his a/c shut down.

475 PSI on the high side is apparently out of range for the sensor on the A/C system.

Rob :D

i thought 475 psi was the goal for the low side :nuts:

but yes, GM tends to find the worse place, then put something else in front of it...like having the low side port angle up on the firewall so you have to pry the line down to get the fitting on it. but then there's the PT cruiser, which you have to take apart the upper radiator support to reach the high side port...or a VW new beetle which you have to take out the airbox to get to the brake fluid...if i had $0.10 for every poorly designed item on a car i found, i wouldn't have to work on them for a living anymore.

all that to say, i like working on my jeep compared to many of the things i touch at work everyday.

...all that to say, i like working on my jeep compared to many of the things i touch at work everyday.

Amen brother.

Rob

That's why all my vehicles are XJ based. I'm even converting my 89 YJ and 77 CJ to 4.0 HO.

All my rides will use the same engine.

I'm even contemplating changing out the 360 in my 1973 F350 to a 4.0. I have the bell housing that will mate up to the tranny that's in it.