86 Turbo Diesel MJ for sale in VA

Rebelfish99

Due to the overwhelming PMs I got, I have no choice but to put it up for sale and let a bidding war begin. Sorry everyone. I just got fined $10,000 today and NEED the money now. Can't afford to keep it.

1986 Turbo Diesel, 150K, 2.1L, 5 speed, 4wd. LWB.

It needs a set of tires, and new windshield, everything else works great, still runs and drives. It also needs a VA inspection if you plan to keep it in state. This sale is only listed on CC and will not be posted elsewhere. I want to see it go to a good home.

More pictures can be taken upon request. Toolbox WILL be included with sale because I've added a 2nd battery to the truck that is located in the toolbox. There is also a switch behind the center console to run on 1,2, or both batteries. This was done because I had an air compressor and train horn on the truck, NOT included.

EDIT!!!! Got a set of tires installed on it, will be putting in a new windshield this week as well. Got some money to put in it, so lots of stuff added.

Price starts at $1900 OBO. PM for more info. or call. # is at the bottom

TDMJ%20001.jpg

TDMJ%20002.jpg

TDMJ%20003.jpg

TDMJ%20004.jpg

TDMJ%20005.jpg

TDMJ%20006.jpg

Pm me or call my cell. 757-717-8813. Located in VA beach. 23452.

I drove it 4.5 hours each way to JMU from va beach and it did fine except for hills, didn't have enough power to do the speed limit going uphill. Only does about 61 mph tops. But Id say if the windshield doesn't bother you then it should make it. all oils are good and the motor runs great. but I would be worried about the timing belt. with 150K and original belt I don't know. Might have to ask JeepcoMJ about that.

Or you could bring me a boat or jetski as a trade. I payed the fine and they ended up cutting it in half since it was a first time offense.

I struck a natural gas line with a probe looking for a well casing and caused an entire neighborhood to get shut down.

Working on it. I am a little concerned about the condition of the engine though. I know they are anemic when it comes to power, but if it's having trouble maintaining 61 MPH on the highway, there could be trouble on the waterfront.

Rob :dunno:

Working on it. I am a little concerned about the condition of the engine though. I know they are anemic when it comes to power, but if it's having trouble maintaining 61 MPH on the highway, there could be trouble on the waterfront.

Rob :dunno:

The engine ran great, they highways on the way to JMU were all hills so it was up down up down up down, plus the highways in this area are horrible, full of potholes and they haven't been paved in 50 years. I took the truck down to a diesel shop and they said everything was good with it other than a vacuum leak which has since been fixed.

I'm just worried about the drive back. I mean, if it couldn't handle some local hills, who knows what kind of trouble I could unveil on a 20 hour run across the country.

I would love to get this thing home and give it some love. Full resto, and then just enjoy it.

Trouble is getting it here.

Rob

Guest westvirginia24976
I'm just worried about the drive back. I mean, if it couldn't handle some local hills, who knows what kind of trouble I could unveil on a 20 hour run across the country.

I would love to get this thing home and give it some love. Full resto, and then just enjoy it.

Rob

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I can assure you that many of these "hills" will keep your foot to the floor in all but the most powerful vehicles to maintain speed. I don't see a problem with the speed that little engine made.

Rob

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I can assure you that many of these "hills" will keep your foot to the floor in all but the most powerful vehicles to maintain speed. I don't see a problem with the speed that little engine made.

No dog either, but it might be cheaper to have it shipped than to take the time to go fetch it.

-mel

Rob

No dog either, but it might be cheaper to have it shipped than to take the time to go fetch it.

-mel

My catch is a member in PA is looking at buying my '92 Eliminator, and this is one of the only members I would trust with it. If the stars align, he would buy mine, I'd drive it to his place, and he would give me a ride to VA. Then I would drive the oil burner all the way back to IL. I do have a quote out to uship.com for kicks and giggles.

Rob

Rob why don't you just rent a u-haul car trailer or dolly and drive the ZJ down there to pick it up?

ZJ with Chrysler Automatic + Any kind of towing = Epic fail.

Plus, I need to move one to get one. I have no more room here, nor the funds to finance a trip and whole 'nother 'manche at the same time.

Rob

comanche.gif epic road trip!

-fly to Colorado

-help Jim tow an MJ back to the midwest for someone else

-get Jim to help tow your MJ to PA

-and then tow your new MJ back home

-write a book

ya never know, the most interesting man in the world might be up for it. :D

:MJ 1: epic road trip!

-fly to Colorado

-help Jim tow an MJ back to the midwest for someone else

-get Jim to help tow your MJ to PA

-and then tow your new MJ back home

-write a book

ya never know, the most interesting man in the world might be up for it. :D

Comic book? :rotf:

Are you still interested Rob? I wanna sell it to someone on this board, but I'm looking to sell before the end of August, I'd like it gone soon but I know times are tough now. I have too many projects at my house and need to make some room to get my mud truck in here to finish it soon.

Are you still interested Rob? I wanna sell it to someone on this board, but I'm looking to sell before the end of August, I'd like it gone soon but I know times are tough now. I have too many projects at my house and need to make some room to get my mud truck in here to finish it soon.

I am still interested, just time and logistical stand in the way. I have a buyer for the 1992 in Pennsylvania, and the sale of that would partially fund the whole trip. The only hang up is that I am in two weddings, and going to another two, with bachelor parties sprinked in the middle. I have a wedding and bachelor party eating up anything in August. My best time is looking to he the end of September or early October.

What do you think?

Sorry I have not responded to your pm, I've been at Petes all weekend.

Archived