Window stuck down Help

A passenger rolled my door window down too far and now it won't roll back up. I know the regulator was stripped so I never rolled it all they way down. Its dang cold in the morning. How do I go about getting it back up? I got the door panel off and tried lifting it by hand while turning the crank but it won't budge. Anyone have a good passenger side regulator that they want to part with?

check w/ the parts store to see if they have one in stock. shouldnt be to expensive. alldata shows 62 bux for a new dealer one and 1.3 hours to replace it so it shouldnt be that hard, ive just never taken one out. ull prob be better off takin it out (tape the glass up so it doesnt fall down on you) and either fixin yours or puttin in a new one.

simmed96 - If you have the door panel off, you should be able to push the glass up, unless the regulator is really @#**%.

If the glass won't move, you can try to take the nut/stud off the arm, and push the glass up, but then you will need to tape the glass in place or it will just fall back down into the door and.....well.

If no one else jumps in on this, PM me and I can get one off of a XJ I'm parting out.

jbhill - Where did you find a replacement regulator???? I and others have been looking all over the place, others even checked out the dealers. It just don't exist. I had to take one out of the junk XJ to fix one of my regulators.

simmed96 - If you have the door panel off, you should be able to push the glass up, unless the regulator is really @#**%.

If the glass won't move, you can try to take the nut/stud off the arm, and push the glass up, but then you will need to tape the glass in place or it will just fall back down into the door and.....well.

If no one else jumps in on this, PM me and I can get one off of a XJ I'm parting out.

jbhill - Where did you find a replacement regulator???? I and others have been looking all over the place, others even checked out the dealers. It just don't exist. I had to take one out of the junk XJ to fix one of my regulators.

my pass window on an old xj would just drop and dissapear if it was put down more than 3/4 of the way, so I stuck a piece of 2x4 in the door so the window will just stop on the wood, and not go past 3/4 :)

well the regulator is toast. I ended up unbolting the glass from the mount and stuck a piece of wood inside the door to hold the window in the up position for now till i get the new regulator. Kind of ghetto but and least i won't freeze on the way to work now.

It's good to hear that I'm not the only redneck on here with a piece of 2X4 inside the passenger door :D

I'll get around to replacing the regulator some day, but for now, the wood works...should be in a FAQ sticky ;)

Jeff

ya mine did the same thing ,n all i did was use a 2x4 and glued it to the in side of the door to stop it. needless to say i have stacked bout 2.5in to it over the past 6 years and still have no plans of fixin it , i don't sit over their.