Dash CLOCK,how to rest,I dont know

on top of all my other issues,this ones failry minor.....Ive tried resetting the little clock using the 2 small holes in front, but the holes do nuthing to the time. Am I missing something? Ive even had it out and pressed the fat black pushbutton in the rear of it & still won't reset. It keeps time, just can't set it to the correct time.

11:59 - pull battery cable.

12:00 - reattach battery cable.

well, that would sure set my time i must say thanx. I'm assuming maybe the contacts in the tiny buttons are gone or just too dirty or something......but yeh i will set it like u said,hell....works for me. ty

Don't know how long the battery has to be disconnected. If not long enough, the time will not advance, but it will come on at the time it went off.

So if it reads 4:00 and you unplug it for only a minute or so, it will come back on at 4:00.

Mine takes an extreme amount of push on the buttons to reset, not saying thats your problem ! I had replaced the bulb in mine and it worked but I could not get it to reset.. I finally pushed like hell on the button and they made contact ! :dunno:

Just saying !

The hours/minutes micro-switch push buttons have little rubber cups over them. Eventually they wear out and fall apart over time by pushing them with sharp objects. You can replace them by opening up the clock case (it's plastic welded), but if you don't know what you are doing you'll destroy the clock by opening it up. It's best to replace it w. a JY unit if you can find it, then experiment on your old clock.

Don't know how long the battery has to be disconnected. If not long enough, the time will not advance, but it will come on at the time it went off.

So if it reads 4:00 and you unplug it for only a minute or so, it will come back on at 4:00.

This is true only when you turn the ign off but the battery is still connected. It powers the memory. By disconnecting the battery you kill the memory.

Emptying the box on the bench I found I had 9 clocks. Not 7.

The test set up; 12 volt bench power supply Lambda 120. Voltage regulation .01%.

3, 18 inch test leads.

5, vacuum florescent displays

4, liquid crystal displays

On the 5 VFD's pins

pin A ground

pin C battery

pin H ign

On the 4 LCD's

pin A ground

pin C battery

pin B ign

The test consisted of me hooking the clock up, both memory and display and recording the display. Then unhooking the ground lead and waiting 1 minute, then hooking the ground back up. Compared th e two readings.

2 units were inoperative. They got S canned. They were VFD units.

Results

2 of the VFD units read the same time they had when turned off.

1 VFD read 12:00

1 LCD read the same time when it got turned off.

1 LCD read a different time everytime it got recycled, 5 times.

2 LCD's read 12:00.

I believe this test proves absolutely beyond a doubt several things, being,

I have entirely to much free time and need to get a life.

Jeep clocks are inconsistent.

:shake:

I removed mine altogether in the XJ cuz I have a clock on my CD. Put the spot to better use.

Could you expand that pic out to see how it fits in the dash bezel clock space? Also, where did you plumb in the tranny temp sensor? :cheers:

Emptying the box on the bench I found I had 9 clocks. Not 7.

The test set up; 12 volt bench power supply Lambda 120. Voltage regulation .01%.

3, 18 inch test leads.

5, vacuum florescent displays

4, liquid crystal displays

On the 5 VFD's pins

pin A ground

pin C battery

pin H ign

On the 4 LCD's

pin A ground

pin C battery

pin B ign

The test consisted of me hooking the clock up, both memory and display and recording the display. Then unhooking the ground lead and waiting 1 minute, then hooking the ground back up. Compared th e two readings.

2 units were inoperative. They got S canned. They were VFD units.

Results

2 of the VFD units read the same time they had when turned off.

1 VFD read 12:00

1 LCD read the same time when it got turned off.

1 LCD read a different time everytime it got recycled, 5 times.

2 LCD's read 12:00.

I believe this test proves absolutely beyond a doubt several things, being,

I have entirely to much free time and need to get a life.

Jeep clocks are inconsistent.

:shake:

you wana sell any? havent seen many out my way, lot of the junk yards are getting cleaned out

• 3 weeks later...

i unhooked the battery at 11:59 & put it back on at 12:00 ...it kept time for a short time,but now is ALWAys wrong,by several hours. maybe the clocks just no good. or maybe theres a "memory" somewhere in the fusebox that isnt hooked up,so when i trun th truck off,it stops at that time? no idea.