High oil pressure..

I've seem to be getting about 75-80 psi oil pressure lately... It has been like this ever since I got the truck. I plan on doing an oil change, and with that oil change I will be dropping the oil pan to see what condition the oil screen is in..

If the screen is in pretty good shape, what else could be the problem?

Thanks

The hose coming out of the tee must lead to a oil cooler or an auxiliary oil filter. The oil sending unit should thread out of the tee. You need to hold the lower tee and thread the sending unit out. I have a picture of my setup, the tee goes to a mechanical gauge and the sending unit goes to the dash light. My 2.5 runs high oil pressure as well, ~70-80 when cold, ~30-50 warm.

Got it installed but now it reads way passed 80... 180 degrees from when engine is shut off

You probably got the one for a vehicle with idiot lights rather than the one for gauges.

Maybe when you ask for the new one make sure you say sending unit instead of oil switch. If they ask what year make model kinda thing, find someone with same year truck that has oil gauge from the factory and tell the computer jockey at the counter thats what you have. The oil switch does just like it sounds, closes contacts or opens them like a switch (for the idiot light style), but the oil sender is more of a reostat that transmits voltage or grounding resistance depending on the position of the internals in the sender (via various presures) kinda like a fuel sender. If your gauge pegs when you turn your key you most likely have a switch installed instead of a sender.

I looked on rockauto for a sender, but they didn't have one.. Anyone know where I could get one it's a 87 jeep comanche 2.5L.. It goes all the way to the right (flat line) when I crank the car up and it stays in that position.

And I emailed my grandfather about the filter and it is the amsoil system. I'm just not sure how to remove it.. lol

P.S. thanks for everyone's help so far!

I looked on rockauto for a sender, but they didn't have one.. Anyone know where I could get one it's a 87 jeep comanche 2.5L.. It goes all the way to the right (flat line) when I crank the car up and it stays in that position.

Yes, they do.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carco ... ttype,4588

Scroll down to the next-to-last item.

ACDELCO Part # 15591103 More Info

SENSOR,F/PMP SW & ENG OIL PRESS GA