MJ's on 37"

Been lookingfor some pictures of MJ's on 36's,37's and 38's. Curious how much lift your running with this tire size? Prefer to see with stock width rears but full width would be fine also. Post up what ya got just for reference. I'm going to start gathering suspension parts and want to keep COG as low as possible. Thanks

i've got 35's on mine with only 3" of lift.....and lot of fender cutting. after putting on TJ flares, there isn't much front fender left. it's super low and stable--it's actually wider than it is tall :cheers: i will be adding more lift soon tho, as the front tires rub on a pinch seam inside the fenders. if you wanna keep COG low, i suggest going with as small a lift as possible, and cutting the body to put on TJ flares.

so, for 37's, i'd say 6" lift, TJ flares, then wheel the wee outta it til it breaks! then show us the pics.... :popcorn:

i will be adding more lift soon tho, as the front tires rub on a pinch seam inside the fenders

With more lift, your tires will still be rubbing while stuffing. I suggest, figure out where it's hitting, pull your carpet back, sawzall the sheetmetal that is in your way out of your way, and patch the hole with some new sheetmetal that's been contoured by a hammer.

And of course, I'm here with a link of it done on a Yota:

http://toyota.off-road.com/toyota/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=186287

i will be adding more lift soon tho, as the front tires rub on a pinch seam inside the fenders

With more lift, your tires will still be rubbing while stuffing. I suggest, figure out where it's hitting, pull your carpet back, sawzall the sheetmetal that is in your way out of your way, and patch the hole with some new sheetmetal that's been contoured by a hammer.

And of course, I'm here with a link of it done on a Yota:

http://toyota.off-road.com/toyota/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=186287

That's PITA with a unibody. I moved the front axle foreward about 4-5"~ and cut the crap out of the inner fenders foreward from the seam by the coil tower. Then patched it. It is uglier than Lumby's (farm town) 'working girls' but it seems to work alright. Once I find a chevy 4.3 and associated parts I will cut most of the front off and re-do it.

DC I am in the process of acquiring the rest of my parts for my motor swap. I am doing it the easy way.... Ordering the mount kit from AA, and a painless wiring harness. :D

I found my 4.3 complete minus starter and a/c for 250. It has all the brackets power steering pump, and other crap. what made it better was it was all ready out :D