any aftermarket tailgates for the mj?

I'm trying to find a used tailgate for my mj so i can start painting it. Ive had no luck locally and online. So i tried looking for an aftermarket one but no luck with that. I don't really want to put a net on it because i think it looks tacky. Is there any other options? Any tailgates from other vehicles that would fit?

Think global. You should be able to hunt the whole of the USA for one at around $50. Shipping would still keep you under $200

Just a thought.

Edit.....there pretty easy to steal. JUST KIDDING!

I've only seen one other comanche in town and his tailgate is worse than mine lol

No, it has a dent near the top that has some old bondo chipping and some rust along the bottom its on the truck right now and I use it all the time it does have a little bend overall like something to heavy was on it one time. I will get some pics of it.

• 2 weeks later...
I had an aftermarket one on the MJ I just sold (to a fellow board member), but it went along with the 5th wheel hitch.

I'm gonna guess that it was a pretty small fifth wheel? comanche.gif

I had an aftermarket one on the MJ I just sold (to a fellow board member), but it went along with the 5th wheel hitch.

I'm gonna guess that it was a pretty small fifth wheel? comanche.gif

#23 of 500 made. 17' fiberglass 5th wheel, only weights about 2k lbs and has a bath, kitchen, and 2 queen size beds.

8%2029%2009%20camera%20dump%20291.jpg