vibration problem

I have a 86 jeep comanche that started as a 4cyl and i changed the motor and drivetrian to a i6 lifted it 4.5 in. Now when i hit a bump above 35 the right front wheel will bounce and vibrate the hole truck. I can't find anything wrong. i checked for play in the ball joints and the wheel bearing. Nothing. It will happen then go away then come back. i don't know where to look. Any suggestions?

that's about 1/3rd of the parts necessary to properly lift an MJ that high. You still need longer control arms, longer track bar, longer sway bar links, longer brake lines, (and lose the drop pitman and put the original back). :thumbsup:

well the sway bar I'm going to leave disconnected the brake line i built new mounts for them and the control arms look fine the coil is still strait and compresses fine. but i don't think any of this thing would cause the front right wheel to bounce.

I won't debate the swaybar issue, but you should really have one up front.

How are your tie-rod ends? How was the trackbar bushing at the pasenger side? Are you SURE that trackbar is tight? How are the control arm bushings? Any cracks or the bushing not sitting centered? What is your caster? Pinion angle? Driveshaft angle? How did you check the hub and ball joints?

I think this bounce/vibration is a worn out bushing flopping around under the right conditions. You are putting a lot of extra stress on old worn out components.

I checked for extra play in the passanger tire by trying to move it the tire when i had it on jack stands but nothing seemed to have a lot of play and the panard bar is tight i know that. There is no front drive shaft right now i don't havethe money to pick it up from the shop that shortened it for me.

i had a dynamic balance done. the almost brand new tire on the passenger front was so bad it couldn't balance within specs. his recommendation was buy a new one, or change to the back of the truck.

the vibration went away when i took it off the truck and replaced it.

How are your tie-rod ends? How was the trackbar bushing at the pasenger side? Are you SURE that trackbar is tight? How are the control arm bushings? Any cracks or the bushing not sitting centered? What is your caster? Pinion angle? Driveshaft angle?

:agree:

i had a dynamic balance done.

:smart:

I think i have solved it but thanks for the advice. I took it in to a friend to get a alignment done and said it was either the shock or the steering dampner. So i replaced the steering dampner and sloved it. i will add a photo if someone can help me figure out how to add a photo on this thing.