Rock Sliders

Hey pete I love your idea on the sliders but Have you ener thought of plating the under side of them so rocks can't grab the tube and hold you up??? It may be a dumb idea so thats why I am asking I think you have already thought of this and looked at doing it.

Cole

What's a rock? :D So far they haven't caught on anything yet, but some day they will be finished. I'm hampered by the fact that I don't own a real welder and that I've got plenty more things on my plate. Mostly I want shielding to deflect mud from being flung up into my body panels, but deflecting rocks is good too. :brows:

OK I am worried you Pete the same one that goes on a 24hr trip to wheel are worried about mud and rocks hitting your paint. :nuts: Just joking I am worried about stuff being flung up to just not at the paint My head is usally out there and with my tube doors I get hit alot. :mad:

Cole

OK I am worried you Pete the same one that goes on a 24hr trip to wheel are worried about mud and rocks hitting your paint. :nuts: Just joking I am worried about stuff being flung up to just not at the paint My head is usally out there and with my tube doors I get hit alot. :mad:

Cole

Paint? I'm not worried about the paint at all. I'm worried about accelerating the body rot when mud goes up through the gigantic holes in the underbelly and then resides inside the rockers. Ok, so "worried" is a little strong, but I'm not in any hurry for the truck to disintegrate underneath me.

These holes:

OH ok misunderstood you there I was starting to worry but I do agree with your prob that isnt good for it at all up there in the snow states. The closest thing to salt my truck sees is when I eat at Burger King for lunch. I have forgot what Snow even looks like in the 78* heat out there today :headpop:

Cole

I've got enough pressure treated wood in the truck already. ;) I was thinking of using the Dodge ram tailgate cap idea if they got much worse. Right now there really isn't much steel there, the spray-on bedliner is holding the rockers together. :roll:

and yes, sinnaevd hit the nail. Where there's salt, there's rot. It's inescapable and I'd rather not put a ton of effort into an unwindable battle with the rust.

I've got enough pressure treated wood in the truck already. ;) I was thinking of using the Dodge ram tailgate cap idea if they got much worse. Right now there really isn't much steel there, the spray-on bedliner is holding the rockers together. :roll:

and yes, sinnaevd hit the nail. Where there's salt, there's rot. It's inescapable and I'd rather not put a ton of effort into an unwindable battle with the rust.

I lucked out, PO had running boards, my rockers and such were fine. I undercoated the hell out of it and I'm not worrying about anymore rust. Some of us are just lucky, that and I rammed 4x4 boards into my framerials before I redid my floor.