New Jeeps ! ! !

AMC-MJ

I would hate to see such Jeep vehicles being produced in another country and then imported into the US. But on the other hand, the Jeep line up is pretty wimpy. They are doing the best they can to kill the brand. It looks like these could restore their reputation. These have real axles. If they came to the US, especially with a small diesel, I would get rid of one of my old 2002/2003 Tahoes in a heartbeat.

I just bought a Ribicon a year or two ago. I think that is the only Jeep left.

Now they are talking about bringing back the Grand Wagoneer. At first I was happy about that until they said it would be based on the new Dodge Durango "Crossover" platform. A car? Maybe they will bring back the Legendary Chrysler Cordoba and put it on the Durango platform too. I am sure it will be "trail ready" whatever that means. I am suprised they havent taken a jeep compass, put it on rear coils, then add a bed, slap a "Trail Ready" badge on it and call it a Comanche or J10.

At least these platforms would bring some tradition back to Jeep.

I think the New Wagoneer should be built on the above posted SUV, Then the New Jeep Truck off the above posted pickup.

Jeep is getting to whimpy for my taste, The Wrangler is about the only "Jeep" left and its even quiet watered down . . . Leather & High tech interior . . . Some how the cushy plasticy fully electronic interior just dose NOT scream let's get muddy ;)

Can ya explain why 85% of all Jeeps now have "Car tires" on them ?

Jeep's on Highway treads ? ?

Time was A/T's were standard and M/T's were optional, Car tires on Jeeps used to get ya laughed out of town :thumbsup:

Mike

It would be cool if they did it with the Vintage design, They wouldn't be liable for emissions just ship you a J/10 Honcho in a crate only options given are grill choices and stepside or standard side shortbed.

Would be about all I'd see them doing, It'd have to be a "Sporty" type rig so be crated.

Mike

Maybe not the best looking vehicles in the world, but I am all for it. If they do sell reasonably well there is always the chance that the company assimilates into the ChryCo/Fiat brand and some get built in the U.S. I would buy one in a heartbeat if funds were available.

At first I was happy about that until they said it would be based on the new Dodge Durango "Crossover" platform

I wouldn't really call the Durango a crossover, not to say I like it at all or the idea of the Grand Waggy being a rebadged durango, but since the terms crossover and SUV are loosely used, I think an SUV has the engine mounted longitudinally, and a crossover with the engine mounted transverse. I don't think anyone calls the Mercedes ML a crossover and that shares the platform with the GC and durango.

The Durango/Grand "new" body's seem to jive perfectly for a grill/light swap . . . The G/C's grill mount on a Durango and Shazzam you got a Wagoneer with little no NEW parts needed very cost effective way to move MORE Durango bodies ;)

Mike

:D HAHA! Yeah just trying to ruffle some feathers, knew I'd get someone. I should further quantify that comment, Wranglers in Stock form, never been wrenched on, never wheeled, 2wd versions, clean and pretty ones are for girls. Rubis, old CJs, ratty YJs, and full width Wranglers are Jeeps for men. There's nothing wrong with a girl in a Wrangler either, in fact its nothing but right......my daily Match.com search words happen to be "Jeep Wrangler".

:eek: Boss lady wants to ditch her CryCo Mini-Van for a V8 Waggy :eek:

She misses her AMC-V8 SUV . . . I think an XJ-Cherokee would be better she wants what she wants ;)

:bowdown: Currently my Jeeps are both pickup trucks jamminz.gif

Mike

• 1 month later...