Spring Jefferson, April 29-May 1, Madison, WI

Automan2164

Just getting things out there for a Comanche Club trip to the swap meet. We all usually have a good time, and there's always cool stuff to look at. We have just shy of 2 months to plan for it, so hopefully we can have a good turn out. Maybe we can all do the meet, then all head out to grab lunch and some frosty beverages.

http://www.madisonclassics.com/car-show ... ferson.php

Rob

I've been waiting to go to this since last fall. I was getting really excited until I found out that it is the same weekend that my fiance is graduating from college (she's wrapping up her internship over here right now). We'll both be making the trip back to Michigan for the weekend so that she can walk. She's sure earned it, so I want to be there for her.

I guess I'll plan on making it to the fall one. Have Fun.

anyone have things they want to sell?

I've got a few jeep buddies by me who have only a handful of things to sell, I have some things, as well. wondering if anyone would want to pitch in on a vendor's spot to toss up some parts to sell. may pay your trip there.

-Pat

• 1 month later...

I'll be there bright and surly Sat/Sun morning. Planning on picking up some Por-15 stuff for the frame prep, and anything MJ that happens to cross my path. Wade, was it you who bought some Por-15 or knock off stuff?

Who else might be attending? Just Wadearino?

Rob

I'll be there bright and surly Sat/Sun morning. Planning on picking up some Por-15 stuff for the frame prep, and anything MJ that happens to cross my path. Wade, was it you who bought some Por-15 or knock off stuff?

Who else might be attending? Just Wadearino?

Rob

saturday morning it looks like.

Yep, think I might have found the only MJ stuff at the whole place... Tails caught my eye, then he mentioned the tailgate, which is pretty cherry. The tails are pretty mint too. I would have liked to have seen the rest of the truck. He wanted $100 for the gate, and $40 for the tails, beat him down to $90 for the set. Wade found a Jeep History book, has a whole chapter just on the Comanche I got for $15. Circa 1988, so we only get half the info. Got the '86 brochure for $5. Ended up stopping at a rummage sale on the way home, bought the made in usa vise and the master lockout set with all the slim jims/door tools for a $10 bill.

222652_199626946741467_100000824882082_473996_3742067_n.jpg

215645_199627050074790_100000824882082_473997_6363576_n.jpg

225012_199627263408102_100000824882082_473998_5753548_n.jpg

All in all a good day out.

Rob :cheers:

got one mint comanche tail light for $10

bunch of tools and such for work

picked up a used speedglass auto shield that came with a ton of new lenses for $50

cd player for the cherokee

two 3/8 pneumatic ingersol rand drills for work

steve stopped at the miller booth and bought a brand new spectrum 625 plasma cutter, and a dynasty 180 tig welder, and picked up a used arctic cat kitty cat for $300 that should sell for around $1200 this fall/winter.

Went back to the AMC place today and finally got the pile I set aside there.

228174_199888923381936_100000824882082_475946_4141859_n.jpg

230098_199890543381774_100000824882082_475965_4617468_n.jpg

222858_199891023381726_100000824882082_475968_2607465_n.jpg

Ended up getting the tanks/tips/cart for $100, the sandblaster for $20, the brake bleeder for $20, then rounded it off with the air tools/sanding discs for another $50. Pretty happy with it, as just the regs/hoses and tips are worth a bunch. I put some air to the blaster and found out it has a pinhole near the handle, by a weld. Looks like its been there for a long time, so I'll just re-weld the handle in that spot and see how it does.

Will, do you know the deal with AGA? My boss told me if they were AGA tanks I am screwed once they go empty, as he didn't think AGA was still in business. They are AGA tanks.

Rob

Ummm...AGA was bought out by Airgas. Their office is still open in Machesney Park.

Right now Acetylene though is beyond expensive right now. The plant that makes a goodly portion of one of its components, blew up this spring down in Kentucky.

Are those tanks rentals or owned?? If they are rentals, you will be screwed anyway. You will have to establish an account with Airgas and live with their policies.

If they are owned, TSC does tank swaps at the store. And the prices are really reasonable.

Ummm...AGA was bought out by Airgas. Their office is still open in Machesney Park.

Right now Acetylene though is beyond expensive right now. The plant that makes a goodly portion of one of its components, blew up this spring down in Kentucky.

Are those tanks rentals or owned?? If they are rentals, you will be screwed anyway. You will have to establish an account with Airgas and live with their policies.

If they are owned, TSC does tank swaps at the store. And the prices are really reasonable.

She told me they were owned... And since they have been sitting idle for 5 years now, with no payment or repossession, I think they are owned or forgotten rentals.

Good to know that TSC does them though... I always forget about them and they are conveniently in town.

Rob