Project: Six Shooter

For those who don't know, I'm Jamie.

For a quick recap, I rescued my Comanche from the side of the road in

August 2010 I believe, for a whopping 600 bucks.

We towed it home, and made some progress until the cold and snow hit.

While the weather outside was frightful, I just cruised around the forum for ideas

that I hadnt thought of. There are alot of them...a few I will be stealing :D

The weather is getting warmer, and were going to be gettin our butts in gear

so I can use her as my DD so I can get a new job.

The new plans for the Six Shooter include:

-Purple Paint (like a plum crazy color) with a black hood and a white stripe horozontialy across the end of the bed

- black interior

- (looking for) the AX-15 tranny

- Things under the hood that confuse me :dunce:

- Lift & 32in tires

- Still needs floors haha

Were callin her Six Shooter because when I bought it, it has 6 bullets holes in the side of the bed.

They were gonna get fixed, but not anymore.

Will update as we go along :wrench:

Thanks for reading

--Jamie

• 4 weeks later...
Havent been on in awhile.

Update:

Not much, but I took out the nasty smelly carpet, and discovered that a squirrel decided to make his home under my center console.

Sorry to say that if he went back last night, he was cold.

for the longest time,

we would see this squirrel at my back door,

so we gave it a pink scarf to see where it was nesting, about 3 weeks later,

i noticed a little spec of pink where the compressor bottle goes.

sure enough, when i tore it apart, it was the squirrels nest o_O :headpop:

needless to say after that,

when ever i would go out side, the squirrel would beak me off, and made it very apparent he wasnt too impressed with me :rotfl2:

ohh and i don't know how i missed this

:needpics:

haha pics coming soon of the few things Ive managed to do...

with alot of help (cuz I'm mechnically "special")

but anyways, the oil pan Is back on, and Ive bought the materials for the interior upholstory wise

PIcs soon!! I promise :)

and my Bf found someone to paint it for $750

Its finally comin together

• 4 weeks later...

Haha another lack of posting. Jeez I gotta get back on here more.

Not much else got done, the headliner came out, I ordered my rear bumper, brake pads, U-joints, and oil seals

and got them, but their still in the boxes lmfao.

I think that I'm just going to give in and were going to swap out the engine and transmission.

We have a rebuilt, modified 3.7L engine and automatic transmission just sitting in the yard in 2 jeeps that will be getting cut up soon because everything else is really unsave-able. :(

One a side note,

Had a few life issues that had to be taken care of, but arent really resolved.

Been takin care of my pets, and got 2 salamanders we have to figure stuff out for also.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE

And pics as promised.

The first few pics are from when we first brought it home.

New front part, thats not all busted up. and differant front bumper thats not bent.

Original Window Sticker

Drivers side before

A little work... by the best<3

Drivers side after..

My new bumper...not installed yet.

still alot to be done, but it runs and now has a floor so I don't feel like I'm going to die haha.

all I have to do now is learn to drive it.

• 2 months later...

GAH ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS!

Yeah, when we were done welding the floor, I went and touched I TOUCHED the lightbulb in the tail light socket, and the engine shut off. really? REALLY? wtf is with that. GAH! :fs1:

Well I guess it doesnt matter much considering I want to put a differant wiring harness it in anyway because its totally shot.

Anyways, other than that not much has gotten done because I quit my job in June, so I was broke lol, and now I'm getting a new job, and I need to get this little girlie road worthy.

Oh and we added a new truck to our little fleet :) A 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 5.2L V8 magnum<3

I call it "The Pacific" because A) its a beater we got for 800 bucks and its dented really baddd B) its blue like the ocean! lol. but this is going to be my daily drive to work, and let me tell you, I love being a girl and driving a big truck with a V8...Its awesome. The looks I get are priceless! So I really can't wait to drive my little Comanche around jamminz.gif

i like the real bullet holes you have, alot better than thoes sissy stickers alot of people have lol

haha Thanks I do to! we were going to patch them...but I said no, theyre 2 differant calibers though...but I'm still callin her the six shooter

Living in the rust belt sucks, doesn't it?

Indeed it does, but hey..it could be worse lol. the mud that was caked on the frame and in the wheel wells and everywhere else prevented rust in important places.

so much win in this thread got a shot up comanche, a little snake(i have a ball python thats getting close to 6 feet), and a chic that drives trucks. I'm supprised your from that far up north. just watch out that comanche bug will get ya, one day your buying jeep belts next your lifting it and shoving a v8 in it.

so much win in this thread got a shot up comanche, a little snake(i have a ball python thats getting close to 6 feet), and a chic that drives trucks. I'm supprised your from that far up north. just watch out that comanche bug will get ya, one day your buying jeep belts next your lifting it and shoving a v8 in it.

My little girl is still just a juvie, but when we got her she was like a foot (maybe)

I love that truck, my fiance bought it for 800 bucks!! with a V8 :D

Well, plans are no longer up in the air.

Since I'm starting my new job in exactly a week, were going to be swaping the modded engine/auto tranny/ wiring harness from my fiances '96 cherokee to my comanche this weekend. Should be fun, I might actaully get to do something haha, ( don't worry, I will post progress/ before & after pics.)

If anyone has any advice, I'm all ears!!

Hes done this before, ( including rebuilding the engine) I havent lol.

--Jamie

My progress for today.... so far...

Dirty and faded...

Just faded...

New fabric...

Cut and layed out...

Adhesive...

all done!!! Well, the sides werent tucked under and stuck yet, and I got 1 wrinkle in it, but its so small you can't tell...

Then I had a visitor

You will need everything from under the hood of the donor Jeep. Also, you will need the wiper motor, head light switch, brake light switch, and the heater box off the fire wall. You will also need, the XJs steering column and interior harness too. You have to make adapter plugs from the XJ harness to the MJ harness. The fuel gauge is also going to read backwards unless you can make the XJ sender work on the MJ pump module, or find a HO MJ pump module. There are a bunch of other little issues I am forgetting right now but, this will be the bulk of them off the top of my head.

It is not direct bolt in swap to change from RENIX to OBDII wiring.

You will need everything from under the hood of the donor Jeep. Also, you will need the wiper motor, head light switch, brake light switch, and the heater box off the fire wall. You will also need, the XJs steering column and interior harness too. You have to make adapter plugs from the XJ harness to the MJ harness. The fuel gauge is also going to read backwards unless you can make the XJ sender work on the MJ pump module, or find a HO MJ pump module. There are a bunch of other little issues I am forgetting right now but, this will be the bulk of them off the top of my head.

It is not direct bolt in swap to change from RENIX to OBDII wiring.

Thank you! I knew a few of those, but I'm glad you mentioned all of it!!

I'm sure all the little bugs will show their faces after we get the bulk of it in.

• 1 month later...

Update timeee :)

Well, we have the engine and wiring out of the cherokee, thankfully we got it out before Irene hit, like minutes before. So anyway its sitting on 4 old tires in the yard lol. The engine from the Comanche is coming out this weekend. and the wiring is so shot its mostly a snip and rip job, so it shouldnt take long. I have so pics of our progress, enjoy!

The donor,

The bed before it got sanded for a fresh coat of rustoleum before we out the bedliner back in.

after sanded.

Interior panel, ( 1 of many,)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Holy S***. I havent posted here in almost a full year! :doh:

Well, the good news about that, is that we havent really got into gear with it until a couple weeks ago. ( Were busy busy bees haha) So, in that case I will update you with what we have gotten done so far. ( don't worry, pics are included :D)

Also keep in mind, I am a mechanical nightmare...I tend to break everything. So all of the mechanical work that you see ahead, has been done by my fiance :)

Lets Begin.

These pics are from about 4 weeks ago, when we just got the rest of the wiring out and we were waiting on a part for the engine lift.

The interior panels ( that I so smartly painted without prepping or priming :dunce: ) that as you can see need to be redone. I just used a scotchbrite sponge and some Dawn to clean them up.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand BAM primed. I used Rustolem Self-Etching Primer, just 2 light coats.

(thats not all of them obviously)

While I was doing that, my fiance was at work taking the dashboard out and doing the passengers side floor.

Since I'm changing the interior color, I was kind of torn with what to do about the vinyl dash...I read alot about painting it, but ultimately I went with the VHT Vinyl Dye. Just 2 light coats and one slightly heavier one and BAM, it looks brand new. That stuff works like a charm! Totally impressed with it.

(In this pic you can see some of the interior panels that have their final color, I didnt put them all together for a pic yet)

OH and then I bought another jeep. But its probably not what your expecting.

Haha. Like a Boss ;)