Well, I ran out of beer:

Sir Sam

So I decided to make some moonshine:

I got an apple and sugar mash going back around new years, after about 6 weeks of fermentation, trying to raise the temps, re-pitching yeast, I called it good at 15% and ran some through the still tonight.

Delicous! I need a different hydrometer before I can tell ya the proof, but it feels like about 50-60% alcohol. Light fruity taste, not sweet, and very smooth, just kinda feels warm going down.

still7.JPG

still8.JPG

Love it, you can go many different directions, just look at the Samuel Adams brew, he started out with a homemade beer kit and now it is a huge company.

Just because you can go the quick route and go to the store to buy doesn't mean you should, great satisfaction can be had by doing it yourself.

You can go to the corner 7-11 and get a 6 pack for a couple bucks. I guess some folks just like to say 'I did it myself' :cheers:

I consider it to be an American tradition to produce alcohol illegally and untaxed. :USAflag: :USAflag: :USAflag:

You can go to the corner 7-11 and get a 6 pack for a couple bucks. I guess some folks just like to say 'I did it myself' :cheers:

I consider it to be an American tradition to produce alcohol illegally and untaxed. :USAflag: :USAflag: :USAflag:

You would come up with a point of view I can't argue with.

You would come up with a point of view I can't argue with.

I agree! Enough said!

• 3 weeks later...

Made up a batch of neutral spirits, hopefully here in a week or so I will run those through a reflux still and get some super high ~90% spirits.

still9.jpg

still10.jpg

still11.jpg

It's bubbling away in the fermenter right now. :thumbsup:

Made up a batch of neutral spirits, hopefully here in a week or so I will run those through a reflux still and get some super high ~90% spirits.

still9.jpg

still10.jpg

still11.jpg

It's bubbling away in the fermenter right now. :thumbsup:

That's a nice meth lab you got there. :peek: