Can we decode this axel tag.

I have found an axel and I'm pretty sure it's a dana 44. I pulled the axel tag off. Can someone decode it for me?

4.11 605315-3d

Thanks guys this is in a cherokee and both front and rear are there. If it is a 44 it will go nicely in my MJ

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Yep Dana 35 clear as day. I just saw the screw in drain fill plug and thought it was a 44. :doh: :doh:

Sometimes you want things so badly, you see them everywhere. LOL

Here's to you guys :cheers:

Thanks again.

No worries should i still pick them up for the money? You know just for the gear swap.

With a 31 tire and my ax15 and the 4.10's what would my cruising rpms be @ 70?

What would they be with all of the above, but with 3.07's?

Thanks guys.

Did you say that it has matching dana 30 and 35 axles with 4:10 gears?!? Are you looking to convert your truck to 4x4 or is it already 4x4? I know that a dana 30 geared with 4:10 gears is VERY VERY hard to find. So if you looking to up grade your gears and axles and or converting 4x4 you should still pick it up. even both for 75 bucks you should be able to get like 25 bucks from the 35 at the scrap yard. This way you can get a bit back and when you do go and get a 44 or other upgraded axle, you can either look in getting brand new gears or trying to find one with 4:10. GREAT find if it is 4:10 but please make sure that you count the teeth and find out what your getting.

Brandon

Did you say that it has matching dana 30 and 35 axles with 4.10 gears?!? Are you looking to convert your truck to 4x4 or is it already 4x4? I know that a dana 30 geared with 4.10 gears is VERY VERY hard to find. So if you looking to up grade your gears and axles and or converting 4x4 you should still pick it up. even both for 75 bucks you should be able to get like 25 bucks from the 35 at the scrap yard. This way you can get a bit back and when you do go and get a 44 or other upgraded axle, you can either look in getting brand new gears or trying to find one with 4.10. GREAT find if it is 4.10 but please make sure that you count the teeth and find out what your getting.

Brandon

Almost any MJ, XJ or TJ with a 4 cylinder 5 speed. Or ANY later TJ 4 cylinder with any transmission.

Really not that uncommon.

No my truck is already a 4x4, but it has craptastic 3.07s :mad: It is the front and rear out of a 86 cherokee wagoneer.

They are 4.10s in both the front and rear. I remember someone on here saying that NO DANA 35 ever had a screw in

fill plug on the cover. That is why I was confused. The cover looks somewhat different from a normal 35 cover to me as well.

The outter edge of the cover looks okay, but the inner part seems beefier? :dunno: I worked out the difference in rpm as well for both the 3.07s and 4.10s. 4.10s would be like 2450 rpms @ 70. vs 1860 rpms @70 for the 3.07s. What would you guys do?

Thanks