Alloy USA Chromoly Axle Kit for Dana 44

$200-$250 + shipping. :(

Welcome to my D44 world Don, after all the leaking axle seals I found out one of my axles was bent. instead of the 250 shipped I just went ahead and picked up the Chromoly axle kit for about $400 shipped.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22789&hilit=alloy

At this point with the HP of a stroker, and knowledge that stock engines are bending D44 stock axles the alloy usa axle kit at $340 might not be a bad investment.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ALY-12135/

:cheers:

$200-$250 + shipping. :(

Welcome to my D44 world Don, after all the leaking axle seals I found out one of my axles was bent. instead of the 250 shipped I just went ahead and picked up the Chromoly axle kit for about $400 shipped.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22789&hilit=alloy

At this point with the HP of a stroker, and knowledge that stock engines are bending D44 stock axles the alloy usa axle kit at $340 might not be a bad investment.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ALY-12135/

:cheers:

in deed I would go for a chromo kit for 2 reason

1- no more bend axles

2- life waranty (just in case you wheel that 44 real hard )

and as far as a locker goes in the back

I love my detroit in my YJ especialy in the winter time

I'm not asking the value of the chromo axles, I already know that. What I'm trying to so is find out if the 12135 Alloy USA axle kit will work in the older D44. It's listed for the 97-06 Jeep TJ applications. I called Alloy USA tech support to ask. This guy was not the most knowledgeable person I've ever talked to, but he did furnish the axle lengths for the kit (29-1/4" Left; 29-3/4" Right) and they have the 30 spline count which is correct for my 89 D44. So, the question is before I spring for the kit, any reason it will not work for me? Anyone use this kit besides Joe?

Thanks Johnny and Motion. Dayem, you would think Alloy USA tech support would know that. :nuts: Idjuts.......

That's what happens when a large company buys them out (Omix).

Took the words right out of my mouth.

The founder of Alloy USA (Ron) went here:

http://www.tenfactory.com/

I bought my Alloy USA shafts because of his help & posts on JU & Pirate.

He was always there for tech, and even the tough questions when Alloy USA ran into problems.

Then 10 Factory warranted the old Alloy USA shafts after the change.

If I was going to get new shafts,

Ten Factory would be my first choice (tho I honestly don't know if they carry this TJ/XJ 44 shaft).