My MJ is a tree hugger

SW86

:oops:

well a little cruise down my trail turned into me dragging the Mj along a tree. i should of known better since we just got a lot of rain this morning/over night but i thought i had it. it was a new way i just added up a small hill climb where you get flexed out to the point of no return everytime. of course me thinking it was in the bag, went for it. the soft dirt held for all of two seconds and boom, slid right over into it. it first hit right above the gas tank, nothing major. then i gave it some gas it jumped off the tree (hit a root i guess) only to slam on the rear fender flare proceeding to kiss the bed. at that point the damage was done so i just kept driving down :dunno:

sure its nothing like totaling out your MJ drifting down a mountian but then again I'm glad it wasnt! I'm thinking truggie more and more with this truck :idea:

Now that I have another Comanche to haul stuff in, that bed may disappear. Plans are to flip the springs around (short end to the back), keep the wheelbase the same, shorten the frame and mount spring shackles to the bumper, pretty much directly behind the wheels. Then tube out a "bed" to mount spare tire, toolbox and other miscellaneous stuff.

But that won't be any time soon.

damn i don't feel so bad now that ive seen your banged in bedside Mvusse lol. you know its just one of those things that happens when you off-road but it still sucks when it does. especially since MJs arent just driving around everywhere like XJs are.

does anybody on here have a flatbed/bedless kind of thing going on? id like to get some ideas for the future

That sucks. Had a similar bummer moment recently:

Took the truck to be aligned at the only alignment shop in town. Went to pick it up, threw it in reverse, turned the wheel to the left and the thing went straight, right over a rock. I thought I'd just slid on the snow. Not so. They corrected the problem and lost a customer.