Tires

for an all terrain ive always liked the bfg, if you drive in small gravel tho the tread picks up gravel easy and flings it around. i read a duratrack review in petersons or somewhere and it did good all round. i have no personal experince with the goodyears but they look more agressive and id be willing to try them over the bfg, just my 2 cents, sorry its not a indepth detailed technical review :idea:

I like the concept of the aggressive a/t like the duratrac, but I cannot endorse buying Goodyears. Every set of the FIVE SETS of new Goodyears that I have owned in the last 12 years or so, including the spectacularly crappy 1st gen MT/R, have been major disappointments in tread life and quality. Just one man's opinion....your mileage may vary.

I like Tire Rack's website with the capability to compare both specifications and user preferences

and shows "miles driven" data as well. I chose Firestone Destination AT's, 235/75-15. Available

in 31" at $129 and rate higher than the DuraTrac in every category other than snow traction.

I like the concept of the aggressive a/t like the duratrac, but I cannot endorse buying Goodyears. Every set of the FIVE SETS of new Goodyears that I have owned in the last 12 years or so, including the spectacularly crappy 1st gen MT/R, have been major disappointments in tread life and quality. Just one man's opinion....your mileage may vary.

My first set of MTRs lasted for awhile. But, all the other GYs I have bought have wore way too fast. The SRAs on my Ram have about 10K on them and they will need to be replaced in about 6 months.

I will be replacing them fit either BFG A/Ts or Pro Comp A/Ts.

You should check out the General Red Letter Grabbers. I just put them on mine. They're a really beefy all-terrain with really aggressive looking tread. So far I'm pretty happy with mine they ride smooth on the road with almost no noise and have ridiculous traction off-road even in thick mud.

They can be a bit pricey but iff you look around u can find them cheap.

I got mine for $157 a tire on tires-easy.com

Thanks for all the info so far. I guess I will be going with the BFGs. I need a set of 31's for the MJ and another set of 235's for the Blazer. My main concern with the blazer is how well the BFGs are on icy/snow covered roads. This is the wifes car that has the family in it all the time. Anybody can confirm how the BFgs perform on this type of road?

Here's what those General Grabbers look on my truck. I like the way they look. I need to put some 2.5-2.75" coil spacers up front to lessen the rubbing but other than that I like them.

Yeah, I like the way the red letters look with the red truck. I think they look a little funny with any other color truck. comanche.gif

My folks have the 30" BFG AT's on their XJ and I had them on my old YJ. The BFGs on the XJ have about 50K miles on them and have been used on EVERY road condition imaginable. They do well in hard packed snow and icy conditions, but fall a little short in the wet snow category as well as mud. They cake up pretty easy. They are tough and grip well on loose rocky trails when aired down. On-road ride is smooth, but make sure you keep them rotated or the will get VERY noisy and cupped. They will out perform just about any mud tire on slick, wet, rocks or pavement.

The BFG AT has been a favorite of many for several years. And rightfully so. I would get them for my MJ, but they are not quite aggressive enough so I am opting for the Cooper ST (not STT) in a 31" variety. They are an aggressive AT and I have had darn good luck with Cooper (STTs) on my TJ.