"Dump Humper" 89 Comanche rebuild

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am back from my conference and ready to play with the manche again,... May need some help from the members here to figure out how much coil I need to stuff in the front to level the old beast out. May be a new post in the tech question area later,..

After a quick clean up I started ion the drivers side floor pan after some investigation it was deemed the "spine" of the floor was not even remotely salvageable,.. faaack

so I started on a new one :)

After a quick clean up I started ion the drivers side floor pan after some investigation it was deemed the "spine" of the floor was not even remotely salvageable,.. faaack

so I started on a new one :)

how much if you build another one of those supports?? :D

18 gauge $75 + shipping

16 gauge $100 + shipping (16 is a PITA in my little break)

Will need to be fitted on the rear a bit as I make them a bit long

Measurements are guesses as my was rotten that sound fair?

EDIT:

I see your in the same boat,...

DSC08798.JPG

lookin' good man...........I'm doing pretty much the same thing i'll get some more pics up today,it feels good to know i'm not the only person who'll undertake such a project.keep up the good work! :cheers:

It didn't seem like "such a project" when I started! LMFAO!

I saw the pick-n-pull had a couple MJ's but I haven't been able to get out there. Any good stuff left on them when you were there? Taillights?

Some good bits, there were some tail lamps, one rear bumper, decent tail gates,.. one is hit really hard of the front,...

Looks great Jennsen! Nice to see ya here. A fellow Calgarian!

Wish i had the time and resourses to get the rockers done on my 90 comanche.

Sometime when it warms up.

Randy

jamminz.gif

Where are you in the City? how bad are the rockers? I have a few others that have read my posts that my be employing my services to do some work on theirs,.. maybe stop by sometime.

Randy

jamminz.gif

Where are you in the City? how bad are the rockers? I have a few others that have read my posts that my be employing my services to do some work on theirs,.. maybe stop by sometime.

and those right there are the words of a true jeeper jamminz.gif

Randy

jamminz.gif

I live in Acadia. One house off the corner of Southland and Acadia. It would be great to get together. Send me your digits and we get together sometime. I am off to a friends shop this weekend to take care of the signal stat.

The drivers rocker is not bad but the passenger side is rough. I will get some pics for ya.

Randy

jamminz.gif

I live in Acadia. One house off the corner of Southland and Acadia. It would be great to get together. Send me your digits and we get together sometime. I am off to a friends shop this weekend to take care of the signal stat.

The drivers rocker is not bad but the passenger side is rough. I will get some pics for ya.

You have a PM!

Now a few quick updates,..

Found an AX-15 from a 99 XJ $123.00 :)

Jucked up the nose to try and figure out coils for the front,.. :wall: :smiley-scared002:

Drivers pan came in this week,...

Well I plugged away and fitted the floor,... faaaawk!

Then I called the Wifey out to get some good smooth welds in on the floor

Now the new pan didn't cover 100% of the rust so I have a few more small pieces to make up,.. progress pics up soon :)