Alternate Window Cranks (speaker grille clearance issue)

Well I finally found my gray door panels :clapping: . They are the upmarket "accusound by Jensen" door panels with the hockey stick pulls and the metal speaker grates. The donor had power windows so I had to cut holes for the window cranks and that's when I ran into a problem. I discovered that the window cranks hit the top corner of the speaker grates :fs1: For the time being I broke out the grinding wheel and took as much off the OE plastic window cranks as I dared. This helped but really I need a different window crank. What other window cranks fit the XJ/MJ? Ideally I need one with about 1/4" extra clearance but if I know what I can use as a donor that will help greatly.

Hit up the Junkyard. Of all the manual window vehicles I have worked on every one seemed to have the same diameter window crank shaft with the same spline count.

The only difference is some use clips to stay on and some use screws.

I would be willing to bet any AMC made vehicle made around the time as your MJ would have a crank that would fit.

I am in the same boat, I have vinyl door panels and would like a tasteful grill but want to stay with the manual windows because I don't want to fill the hole left by the window crank. All the speaker grills face down to prevent dust or water from getting in the speaker but this severely limits the speakers wavelength or path to the listener. I want to put them upside down but the jury's still out on that one.