cruise control help please

well i still have a few minor issues with the jeep i picked up for $425 but i just finished a 4900km (3000mile) round trip from ontario to alberta and back with no issues what so ever. The only work i did to it before leaving was plugs, air and oil filters, plus a drivers side floor. can't complain. question i have no is my cruise does not work, i changed the module under the dash ( no luck) the cable to the actuator on the firewall is not stuck.. anyone have any idea... also i randomly have a triangled shape light illuminate for a few seconds at a time on the idiot panel to the lower right of the emergency brake light... anyone have any idea what this light is for?

Check that you have at least 10hg vaccum at the servo in the engine compartment. If not check the vaccum for the HVAC - if the air defaults to the defroster mode you have a vaccum leak.

You may also have to ensure that the brake pedal switch is operating correctly (less then 3/32 out-of-adjustment will cause it to not engage).

If you search for the 1994 Cherokee FSM it has a section on checking the multifunction switch with an ohm meter that will determine if the switch is bad.

Finally, I don't see the year for your truck indicated but the FSM for that year will give you the test procedures for the servo and the ecm.

Good Luck

Lie down on your back on the driver's side (easier if you take the seat out), with a flashlight, follow the actuator arm for the brake pedal as it disappears up into the gloom. Up toward the firewall, ;you will see a switch. It is the brake pedal disconnect for the cruise control and disengages the cruise when you step on the brake, It has an electrical AND a vacuum connection. found a bad vacuum side on my 90 XJ switch.

Don't know why I'm even trying to help......anyone who can score a $425 MJ has had all the help anyone could expect !! Good luck.

i don't pretend to be an expert in any way but it was my undersatanding that they started the switch from the ba-10 to the ax15.... i know when i got it the po had all the factory service manuals... 2 thick red books and 2 thin...not the haynes or chiltons... and one of these books is the service manual for the ax15.................. that is the 5sp right stick right? lol

• 2 months later...

Check the wires from the switch on the turn signal arm, they break alot.

Mine were broken there, grab the arm and push in and rotate it counter clockwise it should pop out, there will be 4 or 5 tiny wires there that have a real good chance at being broken.

Two more things to check...

There is an inline 4A fuse in the wiring under the dash...

AND...

Make sure the cable from the SERVO is connected to the throttle.

I don't want to hijack but it seems like it went dead anyway !

My cruise cable is clearly not connected, the one that comes from the servo to the throttle, it is on the bracket where it should be by the trottle body.. and my problem is I can not tell where it connects at ?

I look in the area where I think it should go , but I don't see it. It is not broke, the connecting knurl is on the end of the cable. 1988 6 cyl 5 spd

Anyone know ?

Thanks in advance