FEY rear bumpers?

The rear bumper on our "recovery" project is bent twisted and mangled up. I have read some posts saying rear bumpers for Comanches are next to impossible to come by. I ran into a company called FEY that sells a universal step bumper that they claim will work for our trucks. Does anybody know about these?

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/parts ... ey+bumpers

Dave.

I have one sitting in the garage. They are a little taller than factory and have a diamond plate top. The MJ bumper is the same as their Dakota bumper with different brackets. The brackets seem really thin, so I will get a set made of more substantial material when the time comes. They may be on par with OEM, but I do not have anything to compare them with.

Rumor has it that they are prone to rust on the inside and should be repainted prior to installation.

I have owned both and have a repainted Fey on my truck now. It is visible on my signature if you want to see it. I should point out that the license plate lights are the factory ones and not the Fey lights (they are a little ugly). Also, my Fey was flat black originally but it was repainted.

My opinion is the Fey is much stronger than the factory bumper. But regarding rust, I don't know how well it would last over time. If you buy one, I suggest you paint the back and the bottom of it to give it a bit more protection.

My preference is a factory bumper due to the looks. I have a factory one sitting on my garage floor I plan to mount someday but havent gotten around to it yet. But as you have already mentioned, they are difficult to find.

I destroyed my FEY rear step bumper pulling shrubbery out by using a strap around the tow ball. It looked good from the outside but the back was rusted severely. The rust was in the seams, if that makes sense, and the bumper just pulled apart so badly I had to cut it off of the brackets to open the tailgate.

they look good... nothing beats a factory bumper in good shape, but the fey doesn't look bad at all...i have one on mine that came with the truck. if you want a clean look, it's pretty much the next best option to a clean oem bumper.

rear shots: