Nate,

living in florida(and my jeeps are 4x4) your rearend will probably be in water from time to time.

even with a good breather tube and seals water will get in the diff.(usually when your bouncing thru a creek the input shaft bounces around and water gets past the seal) i check my diff oil after every outting if it looks like light clored chocolate milk it has water in it. this being said i use the cheapest i can find cause I'm gonna change it pretty often. the fill plug on the 20 should be on the cone about half way up.also ive never had any trouble with gear oil really its so thick i don't see how you could burn it up.unless maybe your running a 750 hp motor or pulling alot of weight around alot.

thats just my opinion of course

John

Ok I found everything except the differential gasket. I looked it up on advance auto part's website but its not coming up for the right gasket for my truck.

The differential cover has 12 bolts and the the one that comes up on the computer has 10. I don't know where else to look.

I start work at advanced tomorrow. I'm stoked.

Well I got stuck in a huge sand pit. (don't ask why I was there without 4x4) well when I was tryin to get out my back end kept spinning but one side would spin while the other was stuck. So I'm pretty sure I have limited slip.

That is the exact definition of not having limited slip.

you'll know for sure once you pull the cover and look inside :thumbsup: but a quick way to check is to jack up the rearend and rotate one tire. if the other tire spins in the opposite direction, it's open. If nothing moves, put the trans in neutral and spin again. If it spins in the same direction it's posi.