Need your opinion on a trade!

Dirteatr717

hey guys ive been thinking about selling my other money pit, my 88 iroc camaro but I came across a guy in CT who would like to trade for a 81 scrambler with what I think has some pretty cool stuff :brows: here's the camaros specs and the scramblers craigslist ad.

My 88 Iroc-Z

34354_440043972958_643942958_6007348_5812584_n.jpg

Flame Red, Black Cloth Interior, T-Bar Roof

350 4-Bolt, Hooker Headers/Y-Pipe, Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust, Hypertech Tuning Chip, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Weld Prostar rims with Nittos, AC/Smog Delete

Moser 9" Rear, Detroit Locker, 4.10 Gears.

Spohn: Rear Drag Sway Bar, Panhard Bar, Subframe Connectors, Lower Control Arms, Lower Control Arm Relocation brackets (Lower Notch), Torque Arm (Pinion Angle -2) With Forward and Rear Driveshaft Loops, Crossmember.

Inland Empire Aluminum Driveshaft with Splicer 1350 U-Joint

Lakewood 50/50 Drag Shocks.

For this 81 scrambler

http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/2060443857.html

what do you guys think?

I don't know thats one sweet car. And it looks to have every thing done to it already, if you are not looking for another money pit that could be a bad trade. but if your looking for one sweet off road project go for it!

Brandon

I wouldn't even hesitate. straight across the board.

Agreed jamminz.gif Assuming the CJ8 is not rusted out.

I generally don't like the Iroc Camaros, but your looks clean and as if it has a good stance. With some work that CJ8 will only go UP in value, not sure about that Camaro.

It depends on what you are into....

Do you like racing or wheeling more?

I would make the trade. IROC's are a dime a dozen and another could be had....CJ-8's are becoming hard to find and this thing is BUILT.

Then again, my motto is more "as slow as possible, as fast as necessary"! I love to wheel and left speed behind a long time ago.

as much as I like going fast, it will probobly kill me one day :fool: I LOVE Jeeps and wheeling but theres not many places to go near this sandbar I live on, theres rausch creek about 3.5 hours away... I bought my camaro for my 18th birthday for $1000 and threw money at it like I was a professional pitcher... I hear yah on the HARD to find older jeeps thing and not many people have a niche for third gens but This scrambler is fricken awesome!

I'm a big cj fan. That scrambler is heavily modified, and will cost money the entire time you own it most likely. If you're board or lost interest in the camaro then go for it. I like them both, that body style is making a come back, everyone neglected them and they got outcast when they came out. Now a nice one is hard to find, and I like the way they look.

I'd say just don't expect to pick that one up and not have to throw money at it.

I'm a big cj fan. That scrambler is heavily modified, and will cost money the entire time you own it most likely. If you're board or lost interest in the camaro then go for it. I like them both, that body style is making a come back, everyone neglected them and they got outcast when they came out. Now a nice one is hard to find, and I like the way they look.

I'd say just don't expect to pick that one up and not have to throw money at it.

I'm not bored of it, I just can't pay the insurance,being that I'm 18 and driving a muscle car with a v8 and no ''roof''

Ill be seeing it in person this weekend and ill get the CC approval when I post pics :thumbsup:

thanks for making me think guys :smart:

"This posting has been deleted by its author.

(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)"

It's not up anymore... does that mean it's yours?

I haven't seen it yet but I'm leaning towards the trade :brows: I mean how often do you see a scrambler? Let alone one with a 350 and 37s? I'll miss my camaro but the scrambler is a little more my style 8)