my lowered jeep

the cover fit ok, its very close to the cab but opens and does not really rub on it here's some pics

the cover overlaps some it the front and is a little bit to small but it seals fine

the plasitic parts in the interior and the dash i sanded down and painted it all white

i painted the truck myself in late july of this year i wanted to build the truck to be a low rider but not enough money to do what i wanted to do

so i decided that i am going to lift the truck and make it a baja style truck

yhea i am going to lift it to make it look like that rally truck that was posted on ebay that some one on here found and posted

its just to hard to lower these thing with out alot of money or time and i don't really want to cut it up like you did because its in great shape no rust on it the floor boards are prefect

its just to hard to lower these thing with out alot of money or time

That is true, I think I sat down one day and added everything up when I was thinking of doing almost the same thing to my '88, and I came up with an estimate of around $50,000 for my ideas. Still think your's looks BA the way it is, so just a question, why not leave it as it is?

most of the things that i did i learn how to do working at a custom car shop that built some custom trucks, the guy that i work for helped me do most of it, i wanted to bag it but that cost to much

and i get board with things and have to customize every thing look at the car in the back round thats a 92 dodge shadow that i ahve lowered shaved the rear door handles and blacked out the taillights and during Christmas its geting painted with fishing boat style metallic

seeing some of the lifted truck that you guys have just wanted to make me change the look of my truck

most of the things that i did i learn how to do working at a custom car shop that built some custom trucks, the guy that i work for helped me do most of it, i wanted to bag it but that cost to much

and i get board with things and have to customize every thing look at the car in the back round thats a 92 dodge shadow that i ahve lowered shaved the rear door handles and blacked out the taillights and during Christmas its geting painted with fishing boat style metallic

seeing some of the lifted truck that you guys have just wanted to make me change the look of my truck

mmm you should weld-shut and gut the doors of that car (the shadow) then gut the interior and drop a 302 in her and race!

:popcorn:

i just got done with my new springs in the front of the truck it gave it about 5" of lift from where it was siting at now you have a very nice look at the inter fender with these little tires i have on it i have to talk with my neigbor about new larger tires for the truck what brand of tires cani get that are 30-31" tall and very affordable (like about $100-130 a tire)

• 4 weeks later...

sorry guys but i got a new car (3000 GT) so i havent messed with the jeep for a little while but i got the truck lifted up finally with cougar springs in the front and took out the drop blocks on it ill have new pics of the truck tomarrow hopefully if its not raining like i heard it would

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

ok sorry i havent up dated this in a while

1. i took off the cougar springs because they rubed the bump stops and rode to soft for me

2. put the lowering spring back in it

3. never lifted the rear other than took out the lowering blocks, might be putting them back in though

4. got a new bed from a JY in STL with a roll bar in it with tail lights and tail gate.

going to put in a set of 93 caddy taillight in to the bed and shaving the original taillight (any body need taillights) might shave the tail gate handle but not the tail gate and getting rid of JEEP like the last one (pain in the @$$) going to notch the frame 2" in the back to get clearance for the axle (didnt like playing tag with the frame) with the 4" blocks that i had in it

got a 93 grand cherokee front bumper to put on the truck, had to cut out 5" from the center to get it to fit( not the center but on the out side after the fog light holes) and then i have to cut the fenders to mount the sides of the bumper. :eek:

soon ging to order air ride for the back of the truck toget it to sit on the ground like 2wd mini trucks should

• 2 months later...

so i got the bead just about done execpt i got a few welds to grind down , I'm lowering the rear end of the truck again, but this time I'm using a set of leafs from a bud that he had on a 70 Nova that were flatened out and putting a set of air shocks on it to have a adjustable suspension in the back , ill be ordering the air shocks tomarrow ill get some pics up in the next few weeks and days for the work :D