light bar

so i had some inqueries on my light bar. i figured i would post some pics so ya'll can see it better. basically it is an XJ roof rack made to fit the MJ and used as a light bar. i got a plug thing at an electronic surplus place in orlando called sky craft. i think it works really good making wires go through the roof. here's some pics of it all, roof rack, light bar, fuse box in engine bay with a relay powered by the battery and turned on by the ignition.

I have been quietly thinking about adapting an XJ roof rack to my truck for some time. It would be used to transport skis and nothing else. The problem is I don't think there would be enough space between the crossbars to secure the ski properly. Throwing them in the bed is not really an option for me. At least my TJ has a ski rack.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I have been quietly thinking about adapting an XJ roof rack to my truck for some time. It would be used to transport skis and nothing else. The problem is I don't think there would be enough space between the crossbars to secure the ski properly. Throwing them in the bed is not really an option for me. At least my TJ has a ski rack.

what if you mounted the xj roof rack rails to the mj bed rails? would the rack be wide enough? then you could mount the cross bars anywhere along the bed frame to accommodate skis/snowbaord/bikes etc... and remove when not needed? might be more convenient as it would be lower as well.. just a thought.

• 1 year later...

what if you mounted the xj roof rack rails to the mj bed rails? would the rack be wide enough? then you could mount the cross bars anywhere along the bed frame to accommodate skis/snowbaord/bikes etc... and remove when not needed? might be more convenient as it would be lower as well.. just a thought.

not a bad idea if theyd fit!