new daily driver 87 2wd

Hubbell

well since were on here i guess i will show what i brought home today

its an 87, 4cyl, 4 speed, 2wd, 182000 miles, and no rust, the underside is still white.

it has sat for seven years without alot of driving. it started right up.

all this for a whoppin $375

yeah the outside is as good as he said the interior needs lets say a couple gallons of simple green but for what i need it for its perfect. i just havent researched alot about the four cylinder motors and there reliability?

yeah the outside is as good as he said the interior needs lets say a couple gallons of simple green but for what i need it for its perfect. i just havent researched alot about the four cylinder motors and there reliability?

they are just like the 4.0 with 2 cylinders knocked off IMO for reliablity.

My 87 4cyl 4 speed 2wd (When I got it, currently adding 4wd and 5 speed) shows 345,000 on the clock... previous owner said he replace engine and trans at 140,000, so Ive got over 200,000 on a rebuilt Jasper engine. After talking to the previous owner, it probably didnt need a new engine, just new oil seals. He asked me recently about replacing the engine in his 2000 XJ with just over 100,000 on it because it was leaking!!! So Yeah the 2.5 is GOOD!

Its a copy of mine (if short box, looks like it), drive train, and all! If it has maroon interior and bench seat, really a copy!

Rebuilt my 2.5 at 247,000. Now truck had 345,000 on it. Tranny and rear diff still doing fine. Mine, too, is still white underneath, except for the various places where some undercoating was sprayed. My interior was wet when I got it, so gutted it and dried everything out. Coated the floorboards with the "black" stuff.

Mine cost more, though, bought it 7 years ago.

Well I hope I get that many miles out of it. To help it I gave it a tune-up, changed all the fluids, put my new spare set of tires on, replaced the ignition lock, and gave it a good scrubbing. For not being driven for seven years it sure runs good. I'm pretty happy with it. I still need to bleed the brakes, I forgot to do that before I gave it the test drive :doh:

Think my 2.5 finally got too tired and with it getting hard to find things or it, thinking on it becoming a non-renix 4.0, or forget all this computerized attempt to control things and build me a performance carbed engine. Then I have a basic auto again. My 2.5 leaned out which means #3 cyl needs sleeved, and #2 has damage, and my head had really low vacuum which means lots of work. So, why a grand in a 2.5 when I can spend 2 grand and get something still supported by parts stores and junk yards.