WTB: AX-15 crossmember

landlubber

The AX-15 crossmember is dipped down in the middle about an inch compared to the other one.

Sorry for the crappy pics, I'd take some better ones personally if I could, but this is the best Google has to offer.

AX-4/5, Pukey, AW-4, TF whatever

AX-15

• 4 weeks later...

until you can find one, you can use a 1/2" transfer case drop kit with a "regular" xmember to make up the difference.....

(basically stack 1/2" worth of washers between the xmember and the framerail and use some longer bolts ;) )

Jeff

Using washers as a T-case drop can work, but I would drive carefully with it that way. You're greatly reducing the surface are that the crossmember has to push against the frame.

Not saying you have to granny it, just don't pound on it.

I'm in the same boat. I need to find a AX15 crossmember. I did see an adapter plate on Advance Adapters website that states it attaches to the BA/10 crossmember to specifically mount the NV3550 tranny. Isn't that the same as the AX15? The item # is 716007. Has anyone tried this adapter plate?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
for junk yards check Car world in Candia, I think I will have to go and get an ax15 cross member once the snow clears also.

I did before snow hit, no luck. let me know if you run across any that you aren't claiming yourself.

• 1 month later...
for junk yards check Car world in Candia, I think I will have to go and get an ax15 cross member once the snow clears also.

I did before snow hit, no luck. let me know if you run across any that you aren't claiming yourself.

Went to candia a bit ago, no luck. Was going to go today but it was pouring.

Still looking, would rather get the right crossmember now as opposed to running something rigged and less strong/sketchy.

Went to candia a bit ago, no luck. Was going to go today but it was pouring.

Still looking, would rather get the right crossmember now as opposed to running something rigged and less strong/sketchy.

went there last week, all they had were automatics.