Replacement dash ?

Will a dash out of a 94 Cherokee be a direct replacement for the one I have in my 88 MJ. I have a couple of small cracks on top of my dash pad and found a perfect one at the junk yard in a 1994 Cherokee, it looks like it should fit, but I thought I would ask to be sure. Thanks

I picked up that dash at the junk yard, wasn't to bad to take out since the steering column and seats were missing already. Took about 30 minutes to remove. Feels like it will take about 2 hours to put back in with the wire harness clips and try to put the screws up by the windshield without dropping them. The old vin plate just popped off by prying under it with a little screwdriver next to the rivets. Hope I can do this with my original and just pop it back in, so the rivets are correct. Thanks for the info.

Also, Don't forget that you have to swap the VIN plate from your original dash to the dash that you're putting in.

why is that? :dunno:

Brandon

Because the VIN that is on the dash that he's putting in is not the VIN to his truck.

Which is bad why?

Brandon

Also, Don't forget that you have to swap the VIN plate from your original dash to the dash that you're putting in.

Brandon

Because the VIN that is on the dash that he's putting in is not the VIN to his truck.

Which is bad why?

Brandon

I am replacing the whole dash not just the instrument cluster. The vin number is the serial number for the truck, each vehicle is different. It is illegal to put a different vin on your truck. I could steal your truck and put the vin plate from a junk truck I bought on yours and register it. It would not show up as stolen. Then I could sell your truck to someone else. There are other places on the truck where it is stamped but they usaully don't look there when registering a vehicle.

Brandon

Which is bad why?

Brandon

I am replacing the whole dash not just the instrument cluster. The vin number is the serial number for the truck, each vehicle is different. It is illegal to put a different vin on your truck. I could steal your truck and put the vin plate from a junk truck I bought on yours and register it. It would not show up as stolen. Then I could sell your truck to someone else. There are other places on the truck where it is stamped but they usaully don't look there when registering a vehicle.

oh ok well now i know. I was thinking that if you have all ove the other vins on the truck it would not be illegal because you replaced the dash. but now i understand, Thank you

Brandon

In the original "Gone in 60 seconds" from 1973, they were doing this. They would buy a wrecked car or parts, take the VIN from it, steal a new car just like the wrecked one, swap the VIN's and re sell the stolen car with the wrecked car VIN.

And on that note... I'm still dissappointed that they replaced the original Eleanor with a 1967. Yeah maybe the 67 is sexier than the 73, but the 73 was still a bad azz car! Ive loved the 73 style since I was a little kid and a neighbor had one. They are making a comeback though... nice to see!

In the original "Gone in 60 seconds" from 1973, they were doing this. They would buy a wrecked car or parts, take the VIN from it, steal a new car just like the wrecked one, swap the VIN's and re sell the stolen car with the wrecked car VIN.

And on that note... I'm still dissappointed that they replaced the original Eleanor with a 1967. Yeah maybe the 67 is sexier than the 73, but the 73 was still a bad azz car! Ive loved the 73 style since I was a little kid and a neighbor had one. They are making a comeback though... nice to see!

comanches are reliable