George Washington Dodge Challenger commercial

Carl'sMJ

I gotta say I was a little pissed off when I saw it.

:???: Am I missing something?

There are some things I view as sacred. Would you be pissed if Washington's likeness was used to peddle bigmacs on the valuemenu? Cause I sure would be.

The commercial took a great man, a founding father, one of the most influential men in American and world history, and one that will be for long after you and I are gone, and cheapened him to peddle a product like vince the shamwow guy.

I take that back, I was a little more than pissed, I was sickened.

Yeah, because that image isn't used to peddle every product on earth, especially on President's Day sales? :D I mean, be pissed that people connect the word "freedom" in the same sentence with a slave owner if you want to be sickened. I am pretty sure Vince the shamwow guy is head and shoulders better than ol' george on that point.

Otherwise, it is a commercial. Lighten up, Francis. :rotfl2:

Yeah, because that image isn't used to peddle every product on earth, especially on President's Day sales? :

I honestly can't think of any other ads I've seen in recent years, even around presidents day, that featured Washingtons likeness in an ad.

Sure there are plenty of "it's dealin Doug presidents day sale and these cars need to go, guaranteed $5000 for your trade"

But it sure wasn't GW up there saying it, it was dealin Doug.

Otherwise, it is a commercial. Lighten up, Francis. :rotfl2:

The name's Francis Soyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.

And it's not like it's the likeness of Mohammad or something sacred like that :nuts: :rotf: .