Factory Service Manual?

I am a new Comanche owner who has very little experience with doing his own work. I was wondering what is available for the Comanche as far as manauals. Is the FSM the way to go or does Chilton's or some other copmany have a better book? I am looking for something that leaves nothing to the imagination. My first project is to clean up the wiring and make the lights etc relaible.

Thanks,

Mike

1988 Jeep Comanche I6 4.0L 4x4 SOA lift

I would definately go with the FSM (it has over 1300 pages). Far superior than Chilton and Haynes combined! The book itself is hard to find and expensive, but worth it. You may be able to get a used one on eBay, if not, get the less expensive CD version of the FSM (eBay again). :-D

I have all of the above and have to say I use the Chiltons/Haynes manuals too. Sometimes the Factory manual seems to assume you know stuff. :? But the electrical diagrams and pictures in the FSM can not be beat. :D

Jeep on!

--Pete

Get a copy of the Electrical Trouble shooting book from the FSM set. Absolutely invaluable when chasing shorts.

I agree with Pete though. The FSM's are written with a dealer tech in mind. A chilton book helps fill in some of the basic stuff.