cant even take my girl to a movie anymore, jeez.

GirsMJ86

so i took my girl out to the movies saturday night. thought it was going to be a good night. but when we come out to the MJ she gets in and as i am getting in she says "uh hunny" (while pointing to my radio). at first i don't notice because i thought i just took the faceplate off cuz all i saw was black. so i turn on the lights and i see my stereo is missing :eek: . so i check the rest of the truck and the only other things missing is a box of fuses and a crappy old POS flashlight. but get this, behind my seat i had a box of tools and in the center compartment i had a bag of like 5 dollars in change they left even though they got in there to get the faceplate case. the box of fuses was in my glovebox which right next to those was a nice new maglight that they left. they also left all my magnets and everything else i had in the truck. so now i am without my nice cd player. so for now the factory am/fm/cass radio is going in till i find some better doors with locks that work correctly and an XJ factory cd player.

Alex

Use a hasp for a gate and soem good Master Locks....That will do till you get a better solution. I was going to do that to my truck but then the locks started working plus from a distance (well even up close it don't look like my truck would have anything nice in it. ;)

Cole

In Columbus they just smash out the window when they want something :eek: After 18yrs working in mall management I do not lock my car / truck so they can just open the door and I can keep warm and dry on the drive home :D I rember one day at the mall when a guy ran up to me and told me his Z-28 had been stolen :oops: He told me that he set the alarm and it should not have been gone, I told him his alarm was working fine as they drove by me, I could here it all the way out of the lot and down the road :cheers:

Charles

In Columbus they just smash out the window when they want something :eek: After 18yrs working in mall management I do not lock my car / truck so they can just open the door and I can keep warm and dry on the drive home :D I rember one day at the mall when a guy ran up to me and told me his Z-28 had been stolen :oops: He told me that he set the alarm and it should not have been gone, I told him his alarm was working fine as they drove by me, I could here it all the way out of the lot and down the road :cheers:

Charles

yea i was in mansfeild at the movies. and with how nice of a movie place you would think they would have cameras, but nooo. and id rather keep my windows too then be cold or wet. and thats funny with the z-28.

Alex

This sounds like a job for Auto Taser.

From personal experience - if you booby-trap your car against theft you can be sued by theif when he/she gets hurt (to the tune of about $5500 + court costs and lawyer fees ... ... ... hypothetically speaking.)

Alex

As someone who works in Security for the State of Ohio I can tell you that

Cameras are not like what you see on TV and would be of little use. First at night you need a good day / night camera which will set you back about 6-7 Gs. Then you need someone to watch the camera that is trained, not a 9.00 hr guard. Then your ticket would cost about $25 to cover the cost :cry: Someone good with a lock jock can pop the lock faster then you can unlock with a key and have you radio out in under 3 min :eek: or just take the whole car in under 2min :D

Charles

Alex

As someone who works in Security for the State of Ohio I can tell you that

Cameras are not like what you see on TV and would be of little use. First at night you need a good day / night camera which will set you back about 6-7 Gs. Then you need someone to watch the camera that is trained, not a 9.00 hr guard. Then your ticket would cost about $25 to cover the cost :cry: Someone good with a lock jock can pop the lock faster then you can unlock with a key and have you radio out in under 3 min :eek: or just take the whole car in under 2min :D

Charles

true, very true. there really is nothing you can truly do i guess. this stuff happens all the time all over the world.

Alex

true, very true. there really is nothing you can truly do i guess.

Alex

Sure there is. Drive around in a beat-up truck with a gutted interior and no dash (so no radio) that even you can't start half the time. :D It's theft proof! But not exactly something that'll impress the ladies... :teehee:

Use a hasp for a gate and soem good Master Locks....That will do till you get a better solution. I was going to do that to my truck but then the locks started working, plus from a distance (well even up close) it don't look like my truck would have anything nice in it. ;)

Cole

See I said the same thing. Take a hammer and primer to it and don't worry anymore

well u see it must be the rollbar and bully bar that make this truck a target. my other two were black spray paint and factory looking. this one has a shiny paint job and the chrome stuff so i guess that makes it a target. everyone just ignores the huge dent in the drivers cab side. so once that dent gets fixed ill fix all the rust again and use rustoleum on it like my other two were. lol.

Alex

You over at te new place behind the best buy complex?

Charles

yea i was in mansfeild at the movies. and with how nice of a movie place you would think they would have cameras, but nooo. and id rather keep my windows too then be cold or wet. and thats funny with the z-28.

Alex

I've only been there once or twice. Don't really like going to the movies.

it's set so far back from anything else I bet they have problems with thievery. Not hard to know when the showtimes are and when people aren't going to be in the parking lot. WOuldn't surprise me if it was an employee.

Hey all-

Is it possible to change all of the lock cyclinders out -yes the ignition too- with a let model version? Reason being is the wife drives the 99 XJ and if I could use one key..........oh would that make life easy!

Anyone done it?

I just lost the face plate on my radio- my fault since I didn't remove it.

and since I leave it unlocked I can't really gripe. but I can't even lock it since my door key no longer works!