Doors ?

I just did that on mine. Added power windows, locks, and mirrors, and vent wing windows. I had to make my own cross body wiring harness, but some say you can grab this harness out of your donor if it has it seperate from the rest of the harness. Great upgrade if you can do it. I also added power antenna from the same donor vehicle. Youll need to do something about the door panels too if you don't want to have a hole left over from where the window crank was. If you need more details about the wiring, let me know and Ill see what I can put together for you.

I would be getting the whole door for each side the yard has stacks n stacks of 4Dr XJs and a few 2Dr's no MJs . . .

So I was going just snag some Cherokee doors off a black unit, they just didn't think they had an manual window/lock trucks.

A forced upgrade don't bother me none

Mike

Your subscribing to this one huh ? If you like the power doors addition you should check out my other thread this same truck is getting reowered with an AMC V8 engine and 5spd manual trans . . .

Mike

If you can get the in door and cross body harness from a 2 door XJ of the same year - take it and the window controls inside door handle.

The terminations at the control switch are different from the 2 door to 4 door. You will see if you find a 2 door with power windows.

So there won't be a power door harness tucked up under my dash some place ?

Ill have to snatch all the wiring to ?

Mike

don't think so. Every thread ive seen on this says you need the cross dash harness

When I made the cross harness for mine, it only included the stuff for the other front door, the donor door had a seperate connector that I left unused to contol the rear doors. I would think that it shouldnt matter if its from a 4 door or not. And you can make a 4 doors switch setup work just fine till you run across a 2 door switch setup... should just be plug n play.

I see what your saying with the 4dr switches i'll have left right front back . . . as where with the 2dr wiring n switches i'll have just left n right ? . . .

I get it now :thumbsup:

Mike