What a day!!!

fiatslug87

Went to the NHRA Drags yesterday for 1st & 2nd round qualifying. Great day except top fuel dragsters didn't run the 2nd round due to the 10:00pm curfew-no big deal, two track records were set.

Got home at ~12:00am, let the dogs out, one starts to bloat!! Took her to emergency (yeah, I know) X-Rays showed gastric torsion. Because of her history of an adrenal tumor, emergency vet was not comfortable doing the surgery, so off to UC Davis we go at 4:00am. Now at home waiting to hear how the surgery went. This is her, maybe it was too much beer.

Best of luck Mike! That emergency vet in Cordelia is excellent so if she didn't feel comfortable performing the surgery you (she) made a good call. I have spent my share of late nights and early mornings at Davis and Cordelia considering all the pooches I have owned in the last 30 years and it wasn't fun.

Thanks guys. Heard back, the surgery went well, her stomach had twisted 270°, no necrotic tissue so no re-sectioning required, they attached it to the abdominal wall to prevent recurrence and found two small masses on her liver (ah, the beer again) that they biopsied. Should get her back on Monday.

• 2 weeks later...

You're not giving her that Bud Lime rotgut are you Fiat? That stuff is terrible (Sorry Jeff :D). Gus my Cocker only drinks Miller High Life (in moderation of course). He's also cutting down on his smoking. Seriously, glad your pal is doing fine. :cheers:

Gus my Cocker only drinks Miller High Life (in moderation of course). He's also cutting down on his smoking.

Said it once, say it again Don, that dog is creepy in your avatar.

Good to hear the pooch is doing well. :cheers:

Rob L.

Said it once, say it again Don, that dog is creepy in your avatar.

I just showed him your post Rob. He's highly pissed and wants to know your address and how to get to you. He's even threatened to root for (gasp) Auburn when college football gets underway. He's just acting out now I guess...............

You're not giving her that Bud Lime rotgut are you Fiat? That stuff is terrible (Sorry Jeff :D). Gus my Cocker only drinks Miller High Life (in moderation of course). He's also cutting down on his smoking. Seriously, glad your pal is doing fine. :cheers:

No Bud Light Lime, my neighbor works for a beer distributor and keeps us well stocked with mostly California micro-brews (no, not the flavored pansie stuff).

Thanks for the well wishes guys.