sway bar question

Yes, adding a lift means you need longer links.

If you want to keep the factories you can chop in the middle and weld in a piece equal to your lift amount. If you have removable many are adjustable for different lift heights.

CW

Or you can pick up an original set from a 1991+ XJ or MJ. They are about 1-1/2" longer than the ones you have now. Work fine for my 3" lift. :cheers:

when i bought new ones for my 92 they were the same legnthh. i aanna go in a store and buy new o3_....exactly which year xj....mjs rcthe same ...at least at advancwd auto they are

when i bought new ones for my 92 they were the same legnthh. i aanna go in a store and buy new o3_....exactly which year xj....mjs rcthe same ...at least at advancwd auto they are

No they are not. They changed about mid-year 1991. Do a search on the Advance site for "Sway Bar End Links" using a 1991 Comanche as the vehicle. You'll need p/n S-18162.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Suspension-Sway-Bar-Link-Kit-OE-Brand_15510807-P_78_R|GRPCHASAMS____

No they are not. They changed about mid-year 1991. Do a search on the Advance site for "Sway Bar End Links" using a 1991 Comanche as the vehicle. You'll need p/n S-18162.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Suspension-Sway-Bar-Link-Kit-OE-Brand_15510807-P_78_R|GRPCHASAMS____

i installed your part number and they fit great...thanks alot!

:clapping:

I have a 2" lift and was wondering if I would get the fwy wigglin if I removed my front swaybar. My tires rub against it badly long before full lock(31's).

I have a 2" lift and was wondering if I would get the fwy wigglin if I removed my front swaybar. My tires rub against it badly long before full lock(31's).

i think if your links are 2"longer then the tires won't rub there at all. i had something very similar on a 3"lift .

on removing them : i drove an xj (stock height) from vancouver to edmonton with the swaybar disconnected. ------- never again !!!! it was like a ride at the fair - a very unpleasant one!

i think if your links are 2"longer then the tires won't rub there at all. i had something very similar on a 3"lift .

on removing them : i drove an xj (stock height) from vancouver to edmonton with the swaybar disconnected. ------- never again !!!! it was like a ride at the fair - a very unpleasant one!

Good point. I think the previous owner only lifted it and didn't touch the swaybar. I hate it when they move the headstones, but leave the graves.

i liked comanche county's idea about the ford f350 rear links. i don't have experience with them but i noticed on my 3" lifted one that that is where the tires rubbed and it didnt take much of an extention to get them out of the way. if i was you i would try 2" longer ones and i think the swaybar would be sitting just about right to be out of the way. - cheap fix.

looking at your truck with 2" and 31s, - thats exactly what i want to do with my white one so you are kinda reminding me that i will probably need to do just what we are discussing. -- i had not thought about it until now. ------- good luck and let us know how it works out.