My new Ford

Comanche County

I meet a guy recently while he was driving his Model T rat rod,,,I'll try to get the pic off my camera later. Anyway it got me thinking about one out in the woods that I remember from 17 years ago in one of our old hunting haunts. Sure enough I went out there to see if it was still there and of course it was. It was so buried in the dirt and overgrowth I'd say it may have been sitting there 30, 40 years or more.

I conned my brother into pulling it out this morning. We got it out of the dirt by pulling it upward with a Come-Along, then we heaved it in the back of Dad's old F250.

It was upside down and had roots growing threw the door windows, or where they used to be....

Here's some pics of it where it laid, as we cleaned the brush out, and finally at the house. It was too dang hot to do this though, I'm a little smoked. Once we got it out, I realized there's really not a lot of it left to do anything with, but who knows...I feel like I rescued a little piece of Americana so I'm happy. Plus, I'm thinking of a rat crawler some day...this on a CJ5 frame (just kinda thinking out loud). Not sure what I'm going to do with it.

I know nothing about these. I think its early 20s or late teens.

4697246746_1d1d500c90_b.jpg

4696619189_2b4f3c00c5_b.jpg

4696614401_e613633377_b.jpg

4696615569_6be9944959_b.jpg

4696617113_36fb119960_b.jpg

4696616597_101dd2dd0f_b.jpg

Check out the Master Cylinder:

4697252160_9db1e9fe8c_b.jpg

4696618083_39872ed1f5_b.jpg

4696616067_c4c0d423f5_b.jpg

I even got one of the fenders:

4697251154_ae026a8a5c_b.jpg

I have no idea how it got there. This isn't anywhere close to a 'paved' road. It was by an old abandoned house that is at least as old back in the flood plain on Corps of Engineer land. Could have been my grandfathers old place, he was actually born somewhere in the vicinity.

I think it would be kinda cool to try to learn the history. A friend of mine's grandparents bought some land that used to be an old christmas tree farm, and had the omish build a log cabin on it :bowdown: ... 3 stories, 3 car garage underneath... Another time perhaps. But all the pines have long overgrown, and on the egde of the grove, where it turns back into wild forest, there is this old vehicle or implement trail jutting in and out of the trees and woods, on it, we found push just off to the side an old ford tractor. Wooden spoked rear, cowl, flathead engine everything still there. Body looks just as good as yours. :D But appears complete.

Almost looks like it just died way back, and they pushed it off the road to continue on... Just never got around to it. I always wondered the history.

Rob L.

I don''t think they had hydraulic brakes on anything that old. I remember my Grandpa's Model T pickup had brake rods because they would fall off whenever he went down a rough road. I'm guessing that is the gas line since it would be on the wrong side for brakes.

Mac...

I don''t think they had hydraulic brakes on anything that old. I remember my Grandpa's Model T pickup had brake rods because they would fall off whenever he went down a rough road. I'm guessing that is the gas line since it would be on the wrong side for brakes.

Mac...

:agree: I'm thinkin thats some kind of fuel filter and or water separator.

Cool find. If you don't figure out anything to do with it, I'm sure some antique car collectors would like to have/buy it.

I think it would be kinda cool to try to learn the history. A friend of mine's grandparents bought some land that used to be an old christmas tree farm, and had the omish build a log cabin on it :bowdown: ... 3 stories, 3 car garage underneath... Another time perhaps. But all the pines have long overgrown, and on the egde of the grove, where it turns back into wild forest, there is this old vehicle or implement trail jutting in and out of the trees and woods, on it, we found push just off to the side an old ford tractor. Wooden spoked rear, cowl, flathead engine everything still there. Body looks just as good as yours. :D But appears complete.

Almost looks like it just died way back, and they pushed it off the road to continue on... Just never got around to it. I always wondered the history.

Rob L.

amish place with a 3 "car" garage? :yes:

Rob L.

amish place with a 3 "car" garage? :yes:

Yep. They even wired the place up. I mean, they have to make money too. Not much market for a candle lit 3 story cabin. Amazing.

Rob L. ;)

• 1 month later...

I sold the Ford. Made a deal with a guy who was restoring one and needed some original steel. He said it was a 28' or 29' Sport Coupe with a rumble seat. He said the doors were good, as well as the paneling around the tank, and the seat support.

The price - one six pack of Shiner Bock...But he brought me a whole case! :cheers:

:fool: U should have contacted the authorities about the abandoned vehicle as it could have been stolen or worse used in some kind of murder , if it was stolen I'm sure the origional owners would have liked to recover it . i don't know how u sleep at night ! :shake: :rotfl2:

o and good score on the beer :cheers:

That's not a master cylinder, it's a fuel sediment bowl:

sediment_bowl_primed.jpg

4697252160_9db1e9fe8c_b.jpg

Ford didn't come out with hydraulic brakes until 1939. Pre-1939 used rod or cable actuated mechanical brakes. I believe what you have is/was a Model T coupe. Model T's were simple cars, no fuel pump (gravity feed), no oil pump (splash type lubrication), no battery, magneto ignition.

1923Ford2.jpg