mj at the JY

tazjeeper

was down at one of J/Y by me and they have a long box mj. has coulme shift bench seat, 4x4 sitting in the back. I have seen the jeep around a few times last year but have not seen it on the road in months. the owner actualy lives a few miles away from me. they were not open when I was down so I am going to talk to them and take pics and find out whats what

well talked to Doug the owner of the yard. I have bought jeeps from him before. Great guy to deal with. the Mj is a 91 has 201,000 klicks on it thats works out to around 124k miles, its the 4.0L auto. coulme shift, Build date 06/91, subframe in the rear is broken on drivers side, I bought it for 350 bucks.. I have soem pics I will poct them up...

how many 91s were built? their was not that many was their?

Rob should know the answer on how many '91's were made.......he's the 'keeper-of-the-count' :yes:

That's great that the yard would sell you the whole truck :thumbsup:

And I know what you do with them :brows:

Funny thing is the column shift, I snagged 3 - '90's in a row last year that all had column shifts :dunno:

Either they were trying to use up the column shifts near the end, or they were running short on floor shifters for the XJ's them couple of years :hmm:

yeah he has sold me whole jeeps before. he knows what I do and has no problem with it. I trade off between him and an other guy sending them my junk scrap. they get what ever they git for it when they crush stuff. that way I can keep the yard clean of scrap and i do not plan on calling the crusher here so it works out great.

I will post pics soon..

• 1 month later...

well I got the comanche home today its good for parts 90% all their... 4.0l ho in it the int looks realy good ( needs a cleaning) I am thinking that I will swap it out inot the brown 88 shortbox I have. along with the rear slider... and the auto on the colume..

here are some more pic's

the butterfly windows are in crazy great shap.. I have been looking for some for ever...

anyone ever seen a jeep cup holder like this one..????????

the tailgate and bumper are in good shap but their is a hole right in the center of the tailgate and one small hole in the bumper.. I can fix them

engine is clean and seems to run good. I did not drive it as the subframe is so bad the box is pressed upto the cab..

the right side butterfly window again in great shape...

front, the grill is good one fog light is gone, windshild has no cracks or chips.

left side agine cab and door good box has been patched up.. to bad the subframe is gone the poor thing looks like it was taken care of

owners books

that cupholder looks like someone took the foglight cover and cut a hole in it.

I know its strang looking but the edges on the hole are molded smoth... I am going to take it out and see what it looks like underneath... its just on by to screws...

:fs1: I'd kill to find that in the Jy, I've been searching for butterfly windows FOREVER!

Me 2 I have been looking for over a year for a set for my wifes xj.. as they are rotted out.. I have put up posts everywhere and no one could find me a set..

Heck, in my experience you hardly need a cup hold if you drink out of cans in the MJ. If you go somewhere and have a drink, like fast food or something I'll need them. If I'm drinking a beer or coke thats in a can, I just sit it in the divit in the bench seat, behind the shifter, and 4x4 control.

I haven't been offroad with it like that. With regular streat driving/out in the country, or in the field at the farm...that beer hasn't spilled yet. These MJ's were built for cruisin' and boozin'. (I'm not promoting drinking and driving.) :cheers: The only time I drink beer while I'm driving is out in the country, and on the farm. Once I hit the city I don't cuz we have cops out the a$$ here. That is a neat custom cup holder though.

Heck, in my experience you hardly need a cup hold if you drink out of cans in the MJ. If you go somewhere and have a drink, like fast food or something I'll need them. If I'm drinking a beer or coke thats in a can, I just sit it in the divit in the bench seat, behind the shifter, and 4x4 control.

I haven't been offroad with it like that. With regular streat driving/out in the country, or in the field at the farm...that beer hasn't spilled yet. These MJ's were built for cruisin' and boozin'. (I'm not promoting drinking and driving.) :cheers: The only time I drink beer while I'm driving is out in the country, and on the farm. Once I hit the city I don't cuz we have cops out the a$$ here. That is a neat custom cup holder though.

well in your post 80% is talking about drinking nad driving so yeah your tpromoting D&D

well finaly got pic's. it was realy shady where the jeep was so the pic's did not come out all that well.

Cool find.

BTW, it looks to me like you took that image with a Kodak DX7440(according to the exif data). Next time set it to force flash(or fill flash as they call it). That way you can get more detail from an image that is in mixed light or when a subject is silhouetted or has a bright light behind it like the sun(though ya should really have the sun behind you when ya take a pic, ya don't always have that option). Here is a pic of my truck I took using the flash and having the sun nearly in the image. Without the flash, the truck would have been extremely underexposed. I couldn't move the truck because I was painting it at the time:

medium.jpg

yeah I hear you but have no clue what your talking about when it comes to crap a$$ digital cameras...

It sounds like you know what your talking about and I thank you for the info but me and tech crap do not mix.... It took me a year to finaly know how to set the date...LOL

when I want to take good pic's I pull out my old 35mm with the 10,000$ atachments I have for it and take pic's how they are to be taken...... but hard to download 35mm onto the computer.....LOL

so as far as the digital camra stuff goes.... I point and press the button.. as for the most part digitals take what they think your looking at anyway....

:cheers:

well in your post 80% is talking about drinking nad driving so yeah your tpromoting D&D

lol, I meant to say I'm not encouraging/suggesting drinking and driving. :rotf:

lol, I meant to say I'm not encouraging/suggesting drinking and driving. :rotf:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: