fuel pump help

Hey guys I found out my fuel pump is going which would explain the hard start and other problems but i have looked all over town and all the aftermarket parts do not work with my fuel pump sender like they will not bolt up to it and all the aftermarket pumps all do not bolt up any idea's where i can get one the old one is a bosch but no one caries them and there like 260 (might not even work) and the dealer wants 500 for one

I needed my truck running QUICK when mine when out. OEM one was on backorder, so I got one from Advance Auto. I had to modify the metal end plate somewhat. The pump worked fine, however. Is that the kind of problem you're having?

yeah that metal end plate won't fit and even if i modified it the new pump was shorter. i can't believe the aftermarket pumps are so different then the stock one

Yes, my new pump was shorter. Unfortunately, my memory is not working and I can provide no details, other than I was able to get it to work. Good luck.

I ordered a new pump through northern auto parts in IA. They take c/c over the phone and their number is 800-831-0884 or order by website. I looked on line and then called them to make sure I got the right one.

I did a quick look for a 1990 pioneer 4.0L and they have just the pump for 77.67 and the complete pump w/ gauge for 139.90

Here is a link: http://www.northernautoparts.com/ECatal ... %20VIN%20L