86 comanche x

i just got on this site so i don't have to many pics or anything i have had this truck for a little under a year and i love it my first truck was a cherokee and since then i have had jeep fever but I'm little dumb and don't know how to put pics on this site it keeps saying it can't determine the size so if someone could help me with that it would be nice lol

ok figured out how to work the pics i think i don't have much but i just started the project its in pretty good shape and out here in V.A. i have seen other comanches but never a comanche x and i got it for this little 1990 hatchback civic that was stiped down to just the front seats the guy must have not known what he had so i got out lucky

i am hoping i can get some more pics up here as i continue building on this going to go with a 6inch lift and get some 33"-35" super swampers this summer so stay tuned and if u have any tips or pointers or stuff to look out for that would be helpful

it has the 2.8l v6 i want to try and get a ford 9in 4:88 gears but I'm not sure what is the cheapest but best way to up grade I'm new to all this it will be my first build ever I'm don't think i will be doing very hard trails but a few rocks here and there and I'm probably going to get a lot of parts for the jy cuz I'm not loaded lol

The 2.8L isn't the strongest of engines. For your first build (and considering the truck and your wallet), you might want to scale back the plans a bit. :cheers:

I have a few leftover turbochargers I could sell him. :rotf:

well i want to change the engine but I'm not sure i know a guy that has a grand cherokee that has been rolled it has all the engine hardware and everything but idk if it i would be a good swap what do yall think would like yalls opinions u have done this stuff b4

what do yall think i should do like i said I'm new i just turned 19 i was just thinking bigger is better u kno if yall could think of a good set up for me that wood be cool too i play in the mud and u do a little rock runs not to big tho

It's just that you should not throw 33-35 inches on a 105-hp truck...

What engine is in that Grand Cherokee ? Any would be an awesome upgrade though. A 4.0 would be a little more simple as there are mounts and whatnot readily available.

the grand has 318 v8 not sure on the trans but i could get that grand cheap or for nothin i can make mounts and if i don't trust my welds on it my dad or bro would help i was talkin with him the other day and he said he like the 4:11 gears or the 4:10 he said that was what he had in his scout and he pull or climb anything

v8s are notoriously hard to keep cool in our little trucks. :(

Keep reading up on what others have done. :thumbsup: And then read some more. Then ask lots of questions in the Tech forum before buying anything. There's no way to convey all the info you'll need in a post or two. Keep a notepad too (I tend to use an Excel spreadsheet since I can easily move info around) so you can gather all the appropriate info into one place. This will not be a cheap build, even if the major components are next to free. You'll be changing pretty much everything in the truck. The strength to run 35s and the details to make the truck run properly can be costly.

• 4 weeks later...

I run a 1995 4.0l h.o , auto , 4;10's , had 31's now 33's going back to 31's and lovin it ! :banana: I must say i fell in love with my mj when i drove it for the first time and from a dead stop on pavment it would spin the 31's it will the 33's also and with 235/75's on wet pavment well i sold my moustang to support my mj habit ! My 2 cents worth , by a cheap 4.0l cherokee 4x4 and do the swap you'll never regret it ! they are one of the most adaptable simplistic auto's out there , with a wide range of aftermarket support ! What can ya say it's a COMANCHE THANG ! :cheers: Welcome 2 tha club ! :cheers: jamminz.gif THa MaDnesS ! :drool: :wall: :drool: :wall:

I agree. Find a 4.0 and swap it in, you will like the power upgrade. My 4.0 has 245,000 on it and it still spins the tires. I'm sure it doesn't have the hp it had when I bought it but it still does well.