Fuel Injector upgrade to mustang????

I did a quick search, but nothing that satisfies me completely. I have a stumbling HO 4.0 , Its in a dedicated Offroad Rig, so I would love to put some bigger injectors in it...but what exactly am I looking for. Any Ford ones that fit a 5.0? Do I have to worry about the connection, or any length, or even color? Thanks guys. Shawn

Why do you want to put bigger injectors in it? Fuel injectors are selected to provide the correct amount of fuel to the engine within an optimum duty cycle range. If you put in bigger injectors, all that will do is result in the ECU chopping off the injector pulse so the injection takes place over a shorter period of time. You won't get any more fuel into the engine, and you may get worse performance.

Since most off-road use is low speed and low RPM, there's no way your stumbling can be caused by injectors that are too small. I respectfully suggest that you need to reevaluate.

have these been verified to work on our trucks?

took LT1 injectors about a week to start popping injector drive transistors in my ECU.

I did a quick search, but nothing that satisfies me completely. I have a stumbling HO 4.0 , Its in a dedicated Offroad Rig, so I would love to put some bigger injectors in it...but what exactly am I looking for. Any Ford ones that fit a 5.0? Do I have to worry about the connection, or any length, or even color? Thanks guys. Shawn

any yellow top from a 5.0L or 4.6L ford will work, they are not bigger they are a more reliable Bosch design and have an improved injector nozzle over the factory injectors.

I have a set I got thru someone on here thru EBay... They are originally for a 4.6L Ford V8. But rebuilt, and packaged for the 4.0 jeep. They where even bench Flo checked to be very close!

IIRC 100 bucks. The Truck runs much smoother and started better after the swap.

CW

Our man Brent set up a discount on Ford 19-pound injectors just for Comanche Club members, before he was laid off by the Jeep dealership. As far as I know the discount deal is still valid. Try a search on "injectors" and "discount" and see if the specific turn up.

this guy sells them, he is active on jeepfurum http://jeepspace.jeepforum.com/painjectors

also says use the coupon "jeep" for 10% off

Our man Brent set up a discount on Ford 19-pound injectors just for Comanche Club members, before he was laid off by the Jeep dealership. As far as I know the discount deal is still valid. Try a search on "injectors" and "discount" and see if the specific turn up.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17126&hilit=injectors+discount

I got some for my XJ from Precision Auto Injectors on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-199 ... ccessories

All the same person

I have a set I got thru someone on here thru EBay... They are originally for a 4.6L Ford V8. But rebuilt, and packaged for the 4.0 jeep. They where even bench Flo checked to be very close!

IIRC 100 bucks. The Truck runs much smoother and started better after the swap.

CW

I got a set too and havent put them in yet. My Mj idols real rough in the winter. Glad to hear they smoothed yours out.

mine stumbles all the time, at idle, and during acceleration. I have tried putting cleaners through with no difference... so my next step is to replace the injectors....so I figured I would upgrade them as I went... seen some 19lbs mustang injectors on ebay, just need to know if they would work....thanks