What are folks opinions of the 2009-10 Cadillac CTS

jeepdoggydogB

I showed her the bluetec E320 and she is considering it, and Sir Sam you must have read her mind the next question was I hear diesel's all the time and hate the "click click click". Her next question is "Does it have some giddy up and go". Keep in mind her previous cars were an 80's V8 Z-28, and 80's V8 Cadillac Ed Dorado (I think), a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 4.0, and the 1998 Mercedes SL500 with the 318 HP V8. I was delirously happy with the Grand Cherokee, but it didn't have the "giddy up and go" she came to love with her previous vehicles. From my research I found that the 2009 Cadillac CTS does 0-60 in 6.6 and a 1/4 mile in 16.9, the 2009 E320 came in at 0-60 in 7.9 and a 1/4 mile 16 seconds. To get to the $30,000-$35,000 in the Mercedes we would need to go back to 2007.

On Monday we will be "test driving both models" so as you can see it will be a toss-up! I'll keep you guys posted! :cheers:

I showed her the bluetec E320 and she is considering it, and Sir Sam you must have read her mind the next question was I hear diesel's all the time and hate the "click click click". Her next question is "Does it have some giddy up and go". Keep in mind her previous cars were an 80's V8 Z-28, and 80's V8 Cadillac Ed Dorado (I think), a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a 4.0, and the 1998 Mercedes SL500 with the 318 HP V8. I was delirously happy with the Grand Cherokee, but it didn't have the "giddy up and go" she came to love with her previous vehicles. From my research I found that the 2009 Cadillac CTS does 0-60 in 6.6 and a 1/4 mile in 16.9, the 2009 E320 came in at 0-60 in 7.9 and a 1/4 mile 16 seconds. To get to the $30,000-$35,000 in the Mercedes we would need to go back to 2007.

On Monday we will be "test driving both models" so as you can see it will be a toss-up! I'll keep you guys posted! :cheers:

If you want to "keep it in the family" you could get a Grand Cherokee bluetec, same engine as the mercedes bluetec.....but in a grand cherokee(2007/2008 model year).

The 3L bluetec sold in the E320 is a good engine, and is going to be around for years. Not only that it is used in a butt-load of other vehicles, the grand cherokee, commander, sprinters, chrysler 300c, volkswagens........

There's no doubt that it will take a little more work to get the mercedes bluetec, you probably won't be able to go out on a saturday and buy it, unlike the caddy. But there are still lots of them out there, and prices on used bluetecs are pretty reasonable.

I have a Jeep Liberty CRD, its no HP queen with 160HP, but it makes up for it in torque.....300 ft-lb, (this is in comparison to 210hp/235ft-lb for the 3.7 gas). The thing scoots! The variable geometry turbo boosts quick and pulls hard, I think you'll find the same thing with the bluetec, theres a reason the 0-60 is a little higher but the 1/4 mile is lower!

In my 98 E300 turbo diesel I could cruise at 80mph and get 32-33 MPG, hard to beat for a car of that size.......

If you want to "keep it in the family" you could get a Grand Cherokee bluetec, same engine as the mercedes bluetec.....but in a grand cherokee(2007/2008 model year).

:drool:

X2

Rob L.

I tried buying one that was rolled, but the bidding went over my price range, sold for $8500.

X2

Rob L.

X3

• 3 weeks later...