Lift itch

hey guys so while gazing at my truck sitting ever so wonderfully amongst other little cars at school.. I suddenly had an itch for a little more lift :idea: So ive read that if you get ZJ coils u get about 1.5 inches of lift and I already have 2'' spacers up front and bigger shackles out back an my truck sits perfectly even, for another 1.5'' of lift out back should I get XJ leafs for a 3 inch lift because ive read u get about half out of XJ leafs..... any other ideas :cheers:

costs double for each additional inch of lift. when you did your 2" lift, did you upgrade the shocks? the brake lines? the track bar? sway bar links? lower control arms? those all start to become necessary as you pass the 2" mark.

I need new shocks anyway considering the right rear is blownout and I could get newer control arms from a WJ as well as the sway bar, My dad and I redid the rear brakelines before we put the lift in but left some wiggle room and I also have the bracket to mount the rears higher up, fronts need to be replaced soon anyway :thumbsup: Ive been working overtime for the past 3 weeks so I can get more jeep stuff of course!

hey guys so while gazing at my truck sitting ever so wonderfully amongst other little cars at school.. I suddenly had an itch for a little more lift :idea: So ive read that if you get ZJ coils u get about 1.5 inches of lift and I already have 2'' spacers up front and bigger shackles out back an my truck sits perfectly even, for another 1.5'' of lift out back should I get XJ leafs for a 3 inch lift because ive read u get about half out of XJ leafs..... any other ideas :cheers:

I think XJ leafs are shorter..?

just some clarification of terms: the full XJ leafpacks are shorter in front-to-rear length and also have less arch. the lack of arch is why XJ AALs give less lift when shoved in an MJ.

HellCreek makes an MJ AAL that lifts about an inch. They also make full 3" packs.

An additional reason you get less lift is that the Cherokee is SOA, so the thickness itself of the leaf adds to the lift. The Comanche is SUA, so the thickness does not add to the lift.

Hell Creek has a discount for Comanche Club members. There's a sticky in the classifieds about it.

just some clarification of terms: the full XJ leafpacks are shorter in front-to-rear length and also have less arch. the lack of arch is why XJ AALs give less lift when shoved in an MJ.

HellCreek makes an MJ AAL that lifts about an inch. They also make full 3" packs.

I get it, I was thinking he was going to try and install a leafpack not an AAL. my bad.